74 Dart 360 Sport

-
My ac system came with a small pusher fan that's activated on and off with the compressor... It just helps the heat exchange..

I got the fans on the radiator today. Then came the old car price. I close the driver's door and upper door panel big piece snaps off. So now I gotta fix this side and fix mounting holes. Put on the door sills and both side view mirrors. I also front kick panels in. Stating to looks really nice inside. I'm off this week so I can get the last of AC and wires ran for fans on radiator. Little luck I can pick up my motor this week.

IMG20230306150159.jpg

IMG20230304090123.jpg

Did a lot of things today things are coming together now. I sure hope they have my bearings to put this engine together I had a week off really hoped to use the time to install engine. Even got the license plate light installed but need to find new rear marker light pigtails. You can see the carnage from driver's door closing. Lmao someone please tell year to make these GD things or any Chinese manufacturing Duster/Dart upper door panel! I badly need new ones but none to be had. No you can't use the old style the doors were changed. Oh I did install the Forever Sharp steering wheel horn nice quality stuff. I have the emblems back on the car and will get some pictures when it's outside. I rescued my 360 ones. Those things are ridiculously priced!

IMG20230307165008.jpg

IMG20230307164945.jpg

IMG20230307164941.jpg

Did a lot of things today things are coming together now. I sure hope they have my bearings to put this engine together I had a week off really hoped to use the time to install engine. Even got the license plate light installed but need to find new rear marker light pigtails. You can see the carnage from driver's door closing. Lmao someone please tell year to make these GD things or any Chinese manufacturing Duster/Dart upper door panel! I badly need new ones but none to be had. No you can't use the old style the doors were changed. Oh I did install the Forever Sharp steering wheel horn nice quality stuff. I have the emblems back on the car and will get some pictures when it's outside. I rescued my 360 ones. Those things are ridiculously priced!

View attachment 1716060455

View attachment 1716060456

View attachment 1716060457
License plates on but no engine bearings..
That's what I would.NOT call the optimal combination LOL...

Got back out mounted the AC evaporator. Ran wires for the radiator fans. Cleaned up my messy garage finally. Doing rear window trim tomorrow and I'm running out of parts to put on finally! I will have no issues getting to fuse box or adjusting fan temps for radiator.

IMG20230307232359.jpg

IMG20230307232338.jpg

IMG20230307232248.jpg

More trim polished and on today and emblems. I only have three pieces left to polish front windshield. I plan to see about letting a shop cut and buff her I think. I don't see the rush let a pro detail the paint. Doing the window trim was easy once I realized to tip inside back drops right in clips!

IMG20230308212550.jpg

IMG20230308212521.jpg

Received my serpentine kit and pulleys. Great looking stuff I hope it installs as good as it looks. Will finish up and test fans shortly and all the wiring will be in place minus the AC box and some wiring to do there still.

IMG20230309165920.jpg

Fans are great tested out just fine. I now get why the board is inside cabin for fan controls and I really like the test button and features it has. Ron Francis does make a good product. First fan spins up then second fan spins up about 3 seconds later. The two fans move plenty of air.

Got the driver's door upper panel completed. Since this was not in many pieces like other I used 22 gauge 3 inch metal strips 1 1/4 wide then bend to contour of inside of panel. I then cleaned it grinded off the shiny plastic cleaned again. I used 3m panel bond 08115 same I used on all my other panels no glass or mat needed on this one. This will not snap off or shatter. I also grind off the little edge that door card goes in as my padding is much thicker and won't let it seat fully. And I got one serpentine pulley and alternator to go still. I wonder if I should go for a better after market alternator. This is the big alternator they sold me. I believe it's 120 amp. Brand new switch is broken. More waiting ridiculous warmer is cracked won't slide climate control.

IMG20230311141539.jpg

IMG20230311141534.jpg

IMG20230311140915.jpg

IMG20230311140928.jpg

IMG20230311140735.jpg

IMG20230311140728.jpg

IMG20230311140726.jpg

IMG20230311140723.jpg

IMG20230311140711.jpg

IMG20230311123703.jpg

Dug into the controls some and wiring in dash for AC. Test fitting sorting out where the relays are going so I can route my lines and service need be.

IMG20230311184839.jpg

IMG20230311184802.jpg

IMG20230311184747.jpg

More work done over weekend. Just about finished up and can move on to the AC and heater lines. I used the old bracket and nut for my relay mounts. Was able to do both grounds on existing spots. I have one wire for ignition now to take care of. Will probably call get some more connectors from Francis for the ignition wire from fuse box. So I can chain up a few more.

IMG20230312171853.jpg

Turned out I had lots of Saginaw and other connectors. Just made a new ignition feed so I can use as many as I need. Right off the bat will have 3 ign feeds in use with three more for other things. I still think I'm going to use a mechanical fuel pump. The Carter and Holley pumps look real nice I think. Buddy has the Holley just wonder if the Carter for less is just as good.

Tested out my climate controls last night all function, still annoyed I have to send this unit back for the thermostat damage. I have to make a plate for the old passenger vent post 487 picture couple post up and then make one with grommets for the firewall for the heater and AC lines. Then I need to use the old rubber mount holders to plug the little holes firewall. I don't see a reason to go crazy cutting sand and welding on it. Im still going to use the original location for the heater lines I think its wise to separate the lines a bit. Maybe its overkill but hot and cold lines next to each other can't be good for the AC trying to cool with engine running right next to them.

Minus light sand clean and OER 338 bright blue driver's upper door panel is repaired. The break was on me I should have done that when I was doing tiger side. The sheet metal strips are amazing and work great. Panel adhesive and 22 sheet metal gauge works great. Drilled holes and fits great and tighter to door. Made the door panel slide in easily to proper height.

IMG20230316202148.jpg

Finished up bulkhead plate for firewall and created AC lines. Can't finish the rest until I have engine and compressor installed. I need to either rent the crimping tool or take my lines to be finished up all marked for orientation and numbered for location.

IMG20230318221001.jpg

IMG20230318220956.jpg

Pusher fan installed and heater hose tonight with bulkhead. Still have to put my loom on there wrap it up.

IMG20230321214123.jpg

IMG20230321214112.jpg

Ok this sucked today heater lines are in not taking back out! Famous last words lol. My hands ugh what a nightmare nice that glove box out you can do this at least.

IMG20230326203537.jpg

So builder told me he is cleaning up casting in the valley and that he tore it apart to do so. I am done with this sillyness at this point I just want the stuff back. My fear the engine and parts are gone and this guy has bs me for months. Always some new wild story not sure what he thinks or he is dealing with. Army guy is about to come out of his shell at his shop I think and wig out. Is there any truth to doing this or did he lie about his progress? He won't let me see my engine either which is off.

So builder told me he is cleaning up casting in the valley and that he tore it apart to do so. I am done with this sillyness at this point I just want the stuff back. My fear the engine and parts are gone and this guy has bs me for months. Always some new wild story not sure what he thinks or he is dealing with. Army guy is about to come out of his shell at his shop I think and wig out. Is there any truth to doing this or did he lie about his progress? He won't let me see my engine either which is off.
I believe I'd be getting a little anxious too, how long has he had your engine? I'd definitely want to put my eyes on it and see the progress.

Finally got good news on engine. He had to order different intake gasket. New harmonic balancer and flex plate. Builder has to use keepers off new head but got the rest of heads sorted out with new springs from comp cam kit. Will take torque over today and as he wants to check balance with it there.

-
Back