'74 Scamp

-
Understandable--I haven't even caught up on most of the threads I followed for the past couple months...

Got it in the shop to overhaul the transmission finally.

78e0c2df-4490-4a10-9875-83e6bccf49f1-695-0000002e90087d15_zpse2f2583d-jpg.1714779026

View attachment 78E0C2DF-4490-4A10-9875-83E6BCCF49F1-695-0000002E90087D15_zpse2f2583d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shocked my trans shifted at all, the rear band is shot, no material left on the clutches, springs and rollers in the overrunning clutch need replaced. Going to a local trans place in the morning to check on the other needed parts.

I was shocked my trans shifted at all, the rear band is shot, no material left on the clutches, springs and rollers in the overrunning clutch need replaced. Going to a local trans place in the morning to check on the other needed parts.

Any luck Kegan?

Yeah, thanks for it. I need to put it up on the lift so I can drill and mount it along with the Pentastar I bought at the Nats.

Cool, 74 never had a pentastar, I added one on my 74 Satellite too....bet you can wait to try it out :glasses7:

Cool, 74 never had a pentastar, I added one on my 74 Satellite too....bet you can wait to try it out :glasses7:
I know but for as cheap as it was I figured why not add one. They should've kept them until the end of the A-body run in my opinion. It's supposed to warm up today so I may get everything mounted.

I decided not to chance cracking my spoiler while trying to drill it in 30*F weather so I'll wait until spring to put it on.

I decided not to chance cracking my spoiler while trying to drill it in 30*F weather so I'll wait until spring to put it on.

Good decision Kegan. I'm sure it would crack as cold as it's been.

Wish I could see it Kegan. It's kind of blending in with the shadow under the car,so it looks like it's not there.

-
Back