'75 360...any good?

-
The '71-'73 360s are supposed to have the thicker 340 cylinder cores. They thinned them down in '74 but the later engines are still good.

Well I looked at the motorhome today. It has a loadflight a727 tranny, it is a longshaft with a slipyoke. Could that be made to fit my Dart?

It's quite possible. I'm not familiar with a loadflite but if it has a long tailshaft and slip yoke it's probably like a car trans. That's not an AMC 360 by any chance is it? Reason I ask is AMC also used Torqueflites but called them something different but similiar. They may have been what were called loadflites. You can tell if it's an AMC 360 by the dist. being up front. Mopars are in the back.

The dist. is in the back. Its in a Sportsman van based one ton chassis. Thanks.

The HD truck tail with teh slip will not fit an A body floor pan. but, the mainshafts are the same, so you may only need the housing from a 727. Any 727. The difference is the plate that covers the tailhousing retainer clip. It's a 3/4"x2" plate with two large phillips head screws countersunk in it. On a pass car/LD truck, it is directly between the holes for the trans mount blolts. On a HD truck, it faces the pass side and is up on the side of the housing... It hits the floor in that position on an E body.

-
Back