75 Hang 10 Dart Sport beater

-
Old guy here has an original Hang 10. 318 car .
Been sitting under a cover for at least 20yrs .
Original owner!
I like the white scoop...
I have a mint 74 grill and upper/lower trim.
Sold the bezels I think.
Sell it to you dirt cheap for a good cause.
Just don't want to see it for resale...lol
Really!
Might have other misc.
Ill check.

Cool car!!!

I wonder what year this dart sport grille hanging on my fence is? how bout showin a pic of this grille you like?
Glad to see your sticking it out with the car.Can be made nice in time and you have the skills to clean er up nice.Waggs and Adam,here,s a pic of the frontend of my 73 Dart Sport(grill)for reference.:glasses8:
View attachment March 2007 091.jpg

Placed an order for some air tools from Harbor Freight, I figure if they make it through one car I got my moneys worth.

Adam,
I have gotten several air tools from them with the same thought. I have a die grinder that I have used extensively for almost 20 years and it is still going strong. I have yet to throw away one of their air tools. Now the offset grinders............ gone through a coupla' them! Looking good, keep it up. L8r

Jim

Good to know, Ive heard good things about the cheap paint guns from them. I bought the kit with 2 guns, The 5" grinder, Cut off saw and the 3/8 drill.

Next up with some welding stuff and a sand blaster pot and cabinet. They I can start buying sheet metal.

Thanks, Im about 45 minutes from auto body specialties though witch will save me a ton on shipping.

I need the following panels

Full drivers side quarter
Passenger side quarter skin
driver side outer wheel housing
both trunk extension
full trunk floor
full floor pans
Tail panel
driver side fender lower patch

I love that youre keeping this rare one. The interior alone is just so cool.

Good Luck Adam!
If you need any help, holla!
You can always borrow that MIG I have till you get your own.

George

Lovin the 10 man. And the Central Pneumatic gravity fed guns from Harbor Freight are IMO the best paint guns in that price category. Well worth the money and easy to clean up. Ive used mine for about 4 years so far with great results and no issues.

Start inside and work your way out, floor board, trunk floor, any frame work, then body work from either front to back or back to front. This way you can plan out for a V8 and work the body around what you desire.

Thats the plan. If I do the floors and trunk first I can drive it and later do the quarters and tail panel.

Good choice in guns Adam. I have 8 guns total 3 Sharps, and 5 CP's. Each one has its own job and each one has yet to fail me.

I was VERY surprised when I see the Hang 10 after you polished it up and shot the black on the roof :tongue9::tongue9::colors: It's looking real good and as I read threw this thread you are staying busy and have a great plan ahead of you :glasses8: Dang man !! It is looking great :colors:

"It's Your Thang, Do What You Wanna Do" Keep us posted on the progress. Doing the whole trunk pan is a good idea though! Still waiting on the fresh run of Dr. Pepper hats.
??

Attachments

• 100_4011 (Medium).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 279
Adam, congrats on keeping the car. I can't wait for more pics.

August Mopar Action page 96 talks about the Hang Ten Darts. Was looking through them today for the first time, had them for a couple of weeks just got a chance to look at em.

Spent some time cleaning up under the hood. Removed some of the emissions stuff that was disconnected or plugged with bolts., Pulled most of the ac stuff that was also half disconnected.

Checked the oil, Nothing on the dip stick, Topped it off, started it up and the car instantly started smoking again so my guess is the rings are gone. Guess I have to swap the motor before I can drive it too.

August Mopar Action page 96 talks about the Hang Ten Darts. Was looking through them today for the first time, had them for a couple of weeks just got a chance to look at em.

Ill keep an eye out for the issue. The web site isnt loading for me.

Placed an order for some air tools from Harbor Freight, I figure if they make it through one car I got my moneys worth.

Hey Adam,
Been watching close! When you first got it ABB and I talked for a couple of days to try to get it from you, but we were looking at our still unstarted 73 Duster, 60 something King midget, and Lump 74 Dart currently being formed so it would have been 1 too many then you decided to keep her. We were like OK ADAM!!!!!

Wanted to say Hi and good luck. The Hang Ten is my all time favorite Dart and we were courting one in IL on the Car Hunt thread. Love your car. It's like Lump kinda, only wanting to drive it and do it while driving LOL! restoration that is!

Anyway, have a life long friend who was preaching harbor freight to me for years but his store is next to him but His store is 45 min and the other one close is 45 min. I have started getting stuff from them lately. Have had a floor jack now for a couple of months now and friday while doing 8 tire changes with it it blew a leak. Which brings me to what little advise I wanted to offer;
Always get the extra warranty from them on their stuff. Normally I would always say no to stuff like that but my friend kept telling me to be sure to get it. I bought a die grinder that was made in hell and was so powerful and big, I opted to take it back and just stick with my grinder. I had bought the extra protection but since it was only a couple of days they took it all back cash refund and thanked /smiled at me!! I took my cash and bought something else before I left the store. (Jack) I had purchased Jacks in 30 days from Lowes twice, walmart once, sears once (which led to me almost throwing the jack and stands through the stores front windows while telling the manager to leave me alone while I was loading the junk back in my truck. He had denied return due to me being a couple days past return limit.
Anyway, HArbor freight sold me the new jack. I have used it alot more lately than I normally use a jack. Point being, it has been here the longest before failing. Also important, it was the only one out of all that worked when I got it out of the box. All the others except sears were bad right from packaging, my luck...
But, When I purchased at HF they sold me my 2 year warranty for 10 bucks while I smiled from ear to ear. They said anything happens bring it back for replcement of same or better, no questions, don't need the box or the reciept either! They got me on file and send me coupons to the house in the mail!
Harbor Freight good but on stuff over 30 bucks, get the warranty.
Good Luck to ya on the Hang Ten. My surfboard sure would have looked good on top of it!
John.:cool:

Received a color sample from acc carpets today. The only orange the have is hugger orange. It looks pretty good but its not as bright. Its also not available in shag.

-
Back