750 Holley Double pumper

-

JTG

Reaction score
Anyone else running a 750 Holley double pumper mech. secondaries carb on their street machine and how's that going for you?
Besides poor fuel mileage is there any negatives or problems one can expect running a carb that is designed more for the drag strip on the street. I do have an electric choke installed on it at the moment.

I have one from BIGGS Carbs. I have no problems with it besides gas mileage, but I know that is coming. I might just get a smaller carb for the street or something, but I love the throttle response and tune-ability.

I have one from BIGGS Carbs. I have no problems with it besides gas mileage, but I know that is coming. I might just get a smaller carb for the street or something, but I love the throttle response and tune-ability.

X2 once you understand how to tune a Holley,Vac or mech they booth work great,Me I like a DP you put your foot into it itssss there.I have a vac Holley on my 360 right now but would rather have the DP,havent found the right priced one yet.

If you can get past the gas mileage, you can't beat a Holley dp. Now i've had eddys that drank alot of fuel & didn't perform as well, I'm talking 750 vs. 750, If you want better mileage, drop on a small carb no bigger then a 600, heck even 500 cfm would toodle you around.

Anyone else running a 750 Holley double pumper mech. secondaries carb on their street machine and how's that going for you?
Besides poor fuel mileage is there any negatives or problems one can expect running a carb that is designed more for the drag strip on the street. I do have an electric choke installed on it at the moment.

i was running a proform 750 DP on my dart. it ran great. almost like an injected car. its all in how ya tune it.

I've got a quickfuel 750 on my car. Very pleased with it. Very good response, but yes it does take a little tweaking to get it right.

My gas gauge is broken so I don't really notice the fuel mileage. j/k

LOL @ LX.

I had a 600 DP on my 318/4spd Cuda years back. Excellent carb and combo. Tune it well and it'll be a joy to run and stomp on.

Cool thanks for the responses, I'll see how it performs over the next little while, just had it tuned and car seems to be running 100% better with the adjustment. If the gas mileage is way beyond brutal then I'll re-access doing a carb swap at some point.

Running one on my duster and swinger both 340s. You could feel the throttle response and ferformance differance as soon as i swaped out the edelbrock. Not as good an fuel but realy, who drives muscle cars expecting to get great fuel milage?

Not as good an fuel but realy, who drives muscle cars expecting to get great fuel milage?[/QUOTE]

Very true

I'm running Holley 750 DP setup by Pro-system.com. I bought it used off Ebay. Runs great, no choke. Just let it idle for about a min. and its fine. If I wanted better gas mileage i'd rather put on a smaller Holley DP than a vacuum sec. carb for my car.

I've got a 750 DP on my 340. Runs great and I don't have any complaints about the fuel economy. Tried a 750 Edelbrock and a 670 Street Avenger and didn't like either of them.

I run a Bigs 750 stage 5 on my 340. It runs great. Throttle response is instant. Gas mileage is about 11 to 12 on my setup.

Fred B

-
Back