Not open for further replies.

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
my goal was to sell my 73 sat and get a decent a body /6 driver, well i bought a feather duster from down south and then i trade off my sat and get a duster in the trade, so i am offerrin the feather duster. being a certified mopar guy, i really need them both to keep my exessive compulsive behavior strong!???
email me your address
if interested as i never can seem to get pics on or off this computer,
the car: ONLY VERY lower qtr rust on outseide, but floors need replaced, only ding is in very front of l fender, original paint. 6 . 75 biased tire in trunk, looks new from 35 yrs ago!?? runs drives great, rebuilt trans, new rad and some other eng parts, rear seat like new, front is good core, great headliner, bad dash and speedo cable, needs good tires, col auto, disc, air , all stuff under hood rad overflow can even holds fluid as does windshield wiper can.
won't bother me any to keep it. $2900 located in s w missouri if interested.

The bumper mounts and supports and the bracing under the hood and decklid

It's actually the front & rear bumper reinforcements that are aluminum and A LOT lighter than the steel counterparts. I compared 2 front assemblies I have a while back but forgot the exact #. The "shock absorber" bumper brackets are steel like the rest.

You can tell a Feather Duster or Dart Lite hood by the fact that the underside reinforcement is crimped to the steel skin around the sides instead of welded. The trunk pieces are bonded somehow so a magnet would help to ID them. The 4 speed OD trans case was also aluminum as was the intake manifold.

this car lacks alum under trun lid, but another guy said he had one original that lacked that. mistake at assembly or they didn't have correct one ready to put on (no stop assembly line huh?)i will post the data on the fender tag when i get a chance. can't put my hands on Glovier's info book right now.

Some pics of the car he asked me to resize and post.
Good luck with the sale, Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,120
  • IMG_2750.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_2751.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_2752.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,148
My dad has one of these in B5 blue. /6 with od manual trans. Super light weight hood, aluminum intake, aluminum bumper bracket pieces. The distributor and carb and said to special for mileage purposes. He has done 32mpg with it on the highway and that ain't no bs. The trunk lid weighed no less than any other Duster/Demon or Dart Sport that I have messed with.

Cool cars!

My dad has one of these in B5 blue. /6 with od manual trans. Super light weight hood, aluminum intake, aluminum bumper bracket pieces. The distributor and carb and said to special for mileage purposes. He has done 32mpg with it on the highway and that ain't no bs. The trunk lid weighed no less than any other Duster/Demon or Dart Sport that I have messed with.

Cool cars!

Don't want to hi-jack tread, but does your dads feather have a diamond pleated bench and back seat? I sold mine in Tidewater VA a few years ago, wonder if it is the same car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back