76 plymouth duster

-

MoparMama87

Reaction score
Just wondering what some of you thought looking for a project car but cant spend a ton of cash certainly cant afford a parts car on top of a car
My question is do you think this car is worth the 800 he is asking how hard of a fix is it and would I absolutely need a second parts car

Attachments

• 75Duster-03.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 75Duster-07.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 75Duster-12.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 315
Wow! You'd need a really good body guy, an AMD catolog with a fist full of cash to fix that one but fixable it is. You already states a lack of cash and that one is waiting to consume a fat wallet.

Save your bucks and wait it out.

What it's worth depends more on what we can't see in the pics. What is under the hood and does it run?( for 76 the best you could do is a 360). How bout the frame, floors, trunk. Dash pad looks wasted, so guessing not much else good interior? Yes they are all fixable, but just by the way you asked the question I assume you are not the one who will be repairing that metal. So, lots of expense. Do yourself a favor and make a list of what you think the car needs, price it out. Take a guess how long you think it will take to do it. Now double both numbers and you are getting closer to reality. I actually paid more for my slanty rust bucket 5 years ago and it still is not on the road. So, If all that works for you then you must love Mopars and welcome aboard!

You could get it for free & still not have enough dough to fix it. Keep looking. Try to find a straighter one.

Thanks everyone you all have confirmed what my husband said as well I am just stuck on the Duster I guess and am what he calls (slightly impatient) in finding one lol I am only hoping that the closer we get to spring the more cars will pop up on craigslist!

Sometimes you can find "abandoned projects" like at farms or under a tarp in someones backyard. I found mine online and it was an abandoned project as his grandson lost interest, he had two dusters and a Cuda. One duster had a running 400 big block but had rot all over it, the other one was stripped down to nothing but had a straight body. I chose the stripped down one and he gave me extra parts to boot.

I don't know how far you're willing to travel, but Colorado has a few (where I got mine).

There is a better deal but 2 long states away from you
http://missoula.craigslist.org/cto/4262964265.html

Now I am sitting here drooling trying to figure out how on earth I could manage to get a car from MT :p if only it weren't winter and the weather so horrid here in MN ick!
I am hopeful one will pop up somewhere around this area the closer we get to spring but I am impatient and have spring fever so bad it is difficult to wait!

Save up and buy one with a good body.
You will be a lot of money ahead by doing this. And be willing to travel for it.
5 grand you didn't spend for a decent body car can be eaten up in no time by a 800 dollar collision and rusty car in a body shop.
Too bad you aren't closer, i have a couple that i would sell for that price and the bodies are better as well as V8 cars.

Park at Walmart, then stand by it and wait for some sketchy looking guy to pull up and tell you he has a cousin that can fix that for real cheap..

Save up and buy one with a good body.
You will be a lot of money ahead by doing this. And be willing to travel for it.
5 grand you didn't spend for a decent body car can be eaten up in no time by a 800 dollar collision and rusty car in a body shop.
Too bad you aren't closer, i have a couple that i would sell for that price and the bodies are better as well as V8 cars.

If only you were closer! It's really too bad car transport is so damn expensive!!

It is hard to find anything around here that is not rusted badly or ridiculous money. Ihad to go to South Dakota for mine. Definately worth it for no rust though.

so does anybody else wonder this.......how the hell did that taillight not crack!!

It is hard to find anything around here that is not rusted badly or ridiculous money. Ihad to go to South Dakota for mine. Definately worth it for no rust though.

I know! My husband and I noticed that when he was looking for his (he has a fury convert.) we went up to Duluth to get it and it was in good condition and affordable this area definitely runs the price up on the oldies!!

We are willing to drive to get one for the right price just certainly not in this darn weather now!

so does anybody else wonder this.......how the hell did that taillight not crack!!

Maybe Chrysler invented some super strong plastic they never told us about?

Nah... Not likely. But yeah its kind of amazing how well that tail light held up, especially for a 35 yr old plastic.

If only you were closer! It's really too bad car transport is so damn expensive!!

Hi.

I don't know your and your husband's skill level...didn't see it posted.. so I mean no offense..

Anyway, depending on your skill level and the amount of time you are willing to see it on jack stands, it may be cheaper to bite the bullet and buy one that is already completed and the owner just wants to sell..

When we bought ours, I knew I didn't want to get into bodywork so I paid a premium to buy a rust free example. It still has been off the road over 4 years....

The cost of your time and parts may be way more that if you bought a great one to start with..

Just a thought....

-
Back