7th Annual SCC Car Show

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Well we are sitting here with BOF and Baby at the 7th Annual SCC Car show. I am freezing to death. I am so glad I brought my computer and was able to connect to the internet. There are not many cars here today, about 50. I seen a real cool Rambler that I liked. Right beside us is out friend with his Dart Swinger and then all the Chevy's had to park right beside us. We brought our camera and are taking pictures. Will post all the great pics later. Hope you guys are staying warm and don't forget your moms and wives tomorrow.

WOW!!
After 2 days mudding in the Junk Yard with a trailer full-O-Dartparts, BOF pulled it off with ABB's help!!

Here's the pics!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Sorry dear but you weren't listening when they were calling out the awards. The truck won best engine compartment and the red Thunderbird won Best in the Show. Which was my pic to win. Thanks for posting the pictures of the show.

I would like to thank my lovely boyfriend who put so much time and love into making this happen for me. I could not have done it without him. You're the best!!!

Looks like a nice variety of rides.. heck, 6 Mopes and it wasn't 4 '69 Roadrunners and 2 E-bodies- something to be proud of right there. It's gotten to the point when I attend a show, not only do I skip the row(s) of Camaros/Chevelles/'55-'57 Bel Airs and Mustangs, I skip 90% of the Mopars too- I've seen all the '68-'69 B-bodies I care to, and I've never been interested in E-bodies.

What did the Fairlane guy win- "Least Subtle Exhaust"? :-D

You know I love the 4-door Darts, and a Fempar in a cool hat is a bonus
icon12.gif
, but my pick for Best in Show would have to be the '65 Rambler. :cheers: If you'd entered BOF still covered in yard-mud w/ loaded trailer attached, that'd be a different story.

Congrats ABB and BOF!:cheers:

That GTX is HOT! More inspiration for my other build.=P~

I'm glad he won. He has owned the car sense it was new. Year before last he went to this show and suffered stroke soon after. Hasn't been to a car show in a couple of years, and he was finally well enough to "try to make it out."
I told him I thought his car would win best mopar and good luck. I thought my friend with the green swinger next to us would win best mopar and told him that a couple times too! LOL!!
He kinda looked a little disappointed that the GTX won because of many flaws showing from years used, but he didn't know the whole story.....
I'm glad the GTX got it! I liked that older gentleman, he was pretty cool and really loved his car!
6 or 7 Mopars, GTX best one, BOF/ABB & my friends green Swinger pulled 2 of the "TOP 25"! Not bad, 1/2 of the MOPARS pulled awards.
Make that 1/2 + 1!! I won $25.00 Walmart Card door prise!!! (I always look through the envelopes first before the buckets with sponges!!)
I'm thinking $25 worth of $2.27 a quart 20-50!!
I'm still trying to figure out how BOF & ABB pulled that off. After waking I, cleaned engine compartment, went to get gas, bought a new air filter, stopped and was off the car real fast, spot free rince no dry!!! On to the show. When we pop BOF's hood, it was hiddeous!! Mud from when it was pressure washed on inner fenders, all engine paint and hoses faded. What were we going to do??
I don't know but we should close your hood, I'm embarrassed to have it here, the tires still have mudd stains on them!!
Give me that new can of tire foam......
Sprayed whole engine bay and wiped with 2 armerall rags. Then too a towel over the chrome valve covers. That was it other than ABB vacuming and cleaning glass on friday!!
I still don't get it but I like it!!!
Baby wasn't ready, torn seats and such......She'll be ready next year!! Still my main goal was to have the Junk Yard princess bump a few of the show princesses, but I still don't know how we did it!!!! BOF/ABB team 2 years running!!!

And Hey, maybe someday ABB will let me put the trophy up in the "AUTO" office in the house! LMBO!!!:toothy10:

nice one guys i miss the mid-west so many cars and nice people. Grew up here on east coast everyone in a hurry and few nice people......

-
Back