8 3/4 diff

-

65DrtGT

Reaction score
so what will be my beat bet for a posi unt(cheap) ive an open diff 8 3/4 shuold i run a spool (seams to be the cheapest) auburn or clutched i want 323 gear car is a `65 Dart w/833 4spd nd "massaged"smallblock im NOT into the ONE TIRE FRYER

so what will be my beat bet for a posi unt(cheap) ive an open diff 8 3/4 shuold i run a spool (seams to be the cheapest) auburn or clutched i want 323 gear car is a `65 Dart w/833 4spd nd "massaged"smallblock im NOT into the ONE TIRE FRYER

I suppose it depends on how you define "cheap"??
Unless it's mostly a "track" car I wouldn't recommend a spool.
However....if your interested, I do have a 741 3.23 geared sure-grip diff that I have no use for. I was asking $350 for it.

Don't know what they cost now or if they're even still available for the 8 3/4" but if I was going to buy a new one I'd want a TrueTrac (sp?). They're supposed to be transparrent in their operation & since they use helical gears (no clutches or friction surfaces) they should last almost forever. I agree with drp2671, I wouldn't recommend a spool for the street.

drp2671 is this a complete drop in or parts diff??my carrier IS a 741 Tonys has dropin 3rd mems for425 but some of the parts ive got from them were pretty shoddy i just am looking to drop in complete unit then go w/ the "green"bearing set up (which in its own right has me sort of baffeld does yr 3rd mem have the "clutched" type or "auburn" stle?? i may just be interested thanx

i agree if its a full track car then the spool.. street car then a clutch pack. yukon has a nice clutch pack for like $400

drp2671 is this a complete drop in or parts diff??my carrier IS a 741 Tonys has dropin 3rd mems for425 but some of the parts ive got from them were pretty shoddy i just am looking to drop in complete unit then go w/ the "green"bearing set up (which in its own right has me sort of baffeld does yr 3rd mem have the "clutched" type or "auburn" stle?? i may just be interested thanx

It is a clutch type sure-grip, you could very well just drop it in and go.

DSC00011_edit.JPG

il take it give me the payment / shipping details you can pm me with info thanx

Ship it in a 5 gallon paint bucket. Great container, even has a handle!

I would say that's a pretty good deal for a good clutch type 741 sure-grip (even with highway gears). It should still handle about anything.

Very Sweet!! Where were ya when I needed one!! :toothy10:

I ended up paying 450.00 a few years back for my grip...(Shows ya everyone's getting rid of stuff before gas cars are finished on the roads)....hee-he - joking!

-
Back