8 3/4 is this correct

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
mopar rear.jpg
I'm pretty sure this is correct length. For stock A-body.

mopar rear1.jpg

Most people measure to the spring perches, I think.

It appears that he edited his post, so maybe he caught it?

If you're going to run a spool with the green bearings that little bit won't make any difference at all except for putting your wheels a fraction of an inch further out.
What comes into play is 1 axle tube longer than the other?

If you're going to run a spool with the green bearings that little bit won't make any difference at all except for putting your wheels a fraction of an inch further out.
What comes into play is 1 axle tube longer than the other?
I'm going to run a clutch type sure grip. 741 case.

Being a tad over using green bearings won't hurt.
But if going with OEM bearings then things need to be righter because you are going to be adjusting the end play by thousands of an inch. So if one axle tubes is an 1/4 off of the other things are not going to work so good.
Dr. Diff is the man to work with. He will do you right.

Being a tad over using green bearings won't hurt.
But if going with OEM bearings then things need to be righter because you are going to be adjusting the end play by thousands of an inch. So if one axle tubes is an 1/4 off of the other things are not going to work so good.
Dr. Diff is the man to work with. He will do you right.
Yes it had Oem bearings on it. I will be getting axles and green bearings from Cass. Sounds like it's Factory typical 1/8" + or - tolorences then.

Maybe the housing it correct. But the tape measure is off. You put too much trust in a unknown measuring device. Just a thought?

-
Back