8 3/4 price

-
well the only way to tell which type sure grip it has it to pull the 3rd member. yes, it can be upgraded to LBP at a later date, but you will need new axles and brake, or have your drums re-drilled. you will also have the smaller 1 3/4 brakes.

There was no 8 3/4 in a bodies for 1973. They switched to the 8 1/4. You could possibly have a early 73 model with leftover 72 parts. Mopar NEVER made a lbp 8 3/4 for a bodies.

8 ¾
The only Banjo axle produced by Chrysler.
Introduced 1957…DOA by 1974
Last year in A bodies: 1972
Last year in E bodies: 1974

could have been a b body rear, but there were no lbp 8 3/4 rears for abodys .

I just sold one 2 months ago for $500 3.23 cone type SG, new green bearings

Its a 73 dart with the 340, 727, and yes the 8 3/4. but was built on august 5, 1972. this car is 110% original with front disc brakes and A body large bolt pattern 8 3/4. Im am restoring the car for the original owner so I guess at least one A body 8 3/4 came lbp from the factory. Remember we are dealing with Mopars so stay open minded. lots of crazy things happened back then.

For that combo....$400-600 for a non-sure grip....Add $100-200 for S.G. When you do a changeover to the big bolt pattern, buy new steel axles and use 10 X 2 1/2 or 11 X 2 1/2" brakes with all the correct backing plates, shoes, hardware, Etc. Those are the easiest to get replacement parts. I don't recommend redrilling axles and brake drums. The stud get too close to edge for my taste and doesn't look like it will be as strong.
Thanks, Mark

Im working on a 73 dart with the 8 3/4 and it has lbp and its 100% factory. my 68 formula s has sbp
I'll believe that when I see it.....maybe not even then! I've dealt with 100's of those cars and have never seen one from the factory. If they made them, where are the rest? They wouldn't have made just one or even a dozen. They would have made a run of hundreds at a time and had them in the parts book. I've looked in the factory book, they're not listed. Now if it was a prototype or one-off promo car.....who knows what they may have made but it would probably be unique. Do you have a build sheet? Fender tag we can chew on?
Thanks, Mark

-
Back