8 3/4

-

socaldart

Inland Mopars Car Club
Reaction score
just bought a complete drum to drum 8 3/4 a-body diff. owner said hi way gears! small bolt pattern was under 71 duster $500 did i pay to much?

You got a good deal, the housing without the 3rd member sell for $300. or more.
If you got a Sure Grip even better, it's likely a "489" case being it's a '71, another plus.
Highway gears, are they 3:23's?
The only set backs are the small bolt pattern axles, and smaller dia. drums.

Giles

just bought a complete drum to drum 8 3/4 a-body diff. owner said hi way gears! small bolt pattern was under 71 duster $500 did i pay to much?

Thats pretty much the going rate for a complete A-body 8 3/4,so you did good.

SMOKING DEAL for where I live.

I paid $500 for a housing and axles (that I sold for $50) when I was too naive to narrow a $50 C-Body housing.

Good deal, I bought a complete 70 Dart 8 3/4 with 3.23 single in a 742 case for 325 BUT....had to pay 150 to get it shipped....and that was a few years ago, the price has risen since then.

the center chunks (sure-grip)are fetching around the $500 mark,so you did good.:cheers:

I agree, you stole it for $500, housing alone $250-$300, third member $450-$500, I wouldn't sell a complete for under $700, even more for one with good gears!

Guys, am i retarded, or am i blind??????????????

I have read it 3 times to be sure, but no where in his post does it say anything about having a sure-grip in it lolololololololllololol rofl

man, now i see how legends begin.lol

Guys, am i retarded, or am i blind??????????????

I have read it 3 times to be sure, but no where in his post does it say anything about having a sure-grip in it lolololololololllololol rofl

man, now i see how legends begin.lol

My bad, your right man, if it's non sure grip, that's about right on the price. It's pretty easy to miss thing's like that when reading these threads, I stand corrected!

-
Back