Not open for further replies.

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Need a good ball detent side cover. 66 and newer.
And a 1-2 shifter fork.

As usual, I collect parts over a period of time at swap meets or FABO to "improve" my old iron. So I finally obtained a 64-65 Floor Hump recently which was the last major item needed to convert the 3-on-the-tree in my 64 /6 Valiant to a 4 speed.

My swap meet 3.09 tranny is so early, it has the short fork which was soon changed to the longer semi-circle version which is the one I want. The short one was a bad idea from the get go.
The side cover I have has a cracked shifter shaft bore which was also soon beefed up by Mother Mopar as a running change.

I took it to the Clay City /6 drag race last September and every run got worse than the one before and it was getting very difficult to shift at all. I barely made the 5 hour trip home in a driving rain.

The tranny I drove to PA to pick up a couple years ago supposedly came out if a 65 Barracuda complete with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter and I'm just starting the rebuild.

I'll give this about 3 days but if nothing turns up I'll just get these parts from Passon.

Need a good ball detent side cover. 66 and newer.
And a 1-2 shifter fork.

As usual, I collect parts over a period of time at swap meets or FABO to "improve" my old iron. So I finally obtained a 64-65 Floor Hump recently which was the last major item needed to convert the 3-on-the-tree in my 64 /6 Valiant to a 4 speed.

My swap meet 3.09 tranny is so early, it has the short fork which was soon changed to the longer semi-circle version which is the one I want. The short one was a bad idea from the get go.
The side cover I have has a cracked shifter shaft bore which was also soon beefed up by Mother Mopar as a running change.

I took it to the Clay City /6 drag race last September and every run got worse than the one before and it was getting very difficult to shift at all. I barely made the 5 hour trip home in a driving rain.

The tranny I drove to PA to pick up a couple years ago supposedly came out if a 65 Barracuda complete with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter and I'm just starting the rebuild.

I'll give this about 3 days but if nothing turns up I'll just get these parts from Passon.
Im pretty sure ive got all the parts from a 66 4 speed barracuda. Ill get back to you in a few days.

Jake

The side cover I have has a cracked shifter shaft bore
I have encounter many of these cracked. Think it was the forces caused by the stubby 1-2 shift fork. The newer cover isnt beefier on shaft casting.

Any of this do you need any of this
20190421_124137.jpg

I have encounter many of these cracked. Think it was the forces caused by the stubby 1-2 shift fork. The newer cover isnt beefier on shaft casting.

According to Jamie Passon in his 833 book, more material WAS added around the bores as a running change. Dude knows what he's talking about as he's done thousands and actually manufactures parts to fix this old junk.

Makes sense and easy to do as it was a "steel safe" revision. Anyone who's done casting or injected mold design knows wgat this mesns.

Still looking for a ball and detent design side cover. The one I have is cracked. Notice the tear-drop shape of the boss on the inside of the cover. The improved design had more iron around the holes and are round as shown in the bottom cover.

20190423_213306.jpg

20190423_213246.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back