88 360 block for build?

-

gmachinedart1

Reaction score
Im planning a 360 build and purchased a used 72 block but it had issues and I couldnt use it. I have a lead on an 88 360 roller lifter(non magnum ) block . I was wondering if this block can be used without any differences in an older block like I was planning to use. The build will use w2 heads and a solid flat tappet camshaft that has already been purchased.

thanks
Justin

The only differences are the iron in the later blocks is supposed to be better, and the casting quality is better overall. At least that's what my sonic testing has shown. I'd use it.

It's a good one to build. All LA parts will bolt on and roller cam...

flat tappet cam in a roller, no prob. the lifter bores will be taller but thats not bad.

Ok , general consensus seems to think its ok. I was concerned that there could be an issue with the lifter bores and using the flat tappet cam.

thanks
justin

Ok , general consensus seems to think its ok. I was concerned that there could be an issue with the lifter bores and using the flat tappet cam.

thanks
justin

Yes..got two 91 roller 360 LA factory rebuild short blocks...both came with flat tappet 509 hydraulic cams...one has been run in a 73 Duster that is sometimes a daily driver....

and it has a basic 208/214 flat tappet cam.

-
Back