9,815 mile 71 Demon 340 6-Pak Mr. Norm Survivor

-
Got it, thanks. Do you know if they came with any documentation other than what would be the receipt the dealership would have provided for the work they did on these special cars? Who would thought back then they'd be so rare and sought after today.
The window sticker would show the car being shipped to Grand Spaulding Dodge. Other factory-dealer paperwork would have existed showing the car was sold to GS Dodge. Order confirmation, invoice, etc. That kind of paperwork is valuable today because it gives provenance to the car, which commands a premium price having been sold at Mr. Norm's.

Norm used Holley carbs, but I think GM style cause the mopar ones were hard to get at that time, that’s why the fuel line is on the opposite side. That upside down air cleaner is a Mr. Norm piece and I’m sure the other parts were available too through his dealer. They also “super tuned” and dyno’d many cars they sold and yes....they got the sticker too. Some cars even came with superchargers, but that might be 1972s that got them
I remember hearing the cars had the carbs and air filter because they were cheaper. Who knows? That air cleaner sure looks like a Ford piece.

The carbs were off a 67 tri power Corvette originally and yes because they were cheaper.25.00 each is the number I always heard.The air cleaner assy was made by a company called Segal and was designed for the same Corvette set up.Since the hood on the Vette opened from the back,the wording appears backwards when opening the Demon hood.But this was about the only option as the filter assy had to be "thin" to fit under the stock Demon hood

Just noticed the wheel adaptors on the aluminum slots.I would assume to accept 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern wheels.Another cool day 2-3 item along with the tach and maybe the headers.According to orignal ads,traction bars were part of the GSS package.

The window sticker would show the car being shipped to Grand Spaulding Dodge. Other factory-dealer paperwork would have existed showing the car was sold to GS Dodge. Order confirmation, invoice, etc. That kind of paperwork is valuable today because it gives provenance to the car, which commands a premium price having been sold at Mr. Norm's.
You are correct - I just sold my Mr Norms Challeger TA in May of this year. Larry Weiner (Peformance West in CA) has all the original Mr. Norms GSD paperwork for all GSD cars . For a $50 fee he will check your VIN # and if there is a dealer jacket for the car, he will deduct the $50 fee from the price of the jacket. Dealer jacket will have the advance dealer shipping notice (similar to the monroney label), misc assorted paperwork, copy of the original order, any warranty paperwork (if it came back for service) and sometimes an original set of keys. It's invaluable to have this paperwork to prove provenance for a GSD car and if like me you did not have a buildsheet, it concrete verifies what options your car originally came with.

You are correct - I just sold my Mr Norms Challeger TA in May of this year. Larry Weiner (Peformance West in CA) has all the original Mr. Norms GSD paperwork for all GSD cars . For a $50 fee he will check your VIN # and if there is a dealer jacket for the car, he will deduct the $50 fee from the price of the jacket. Dealer jacket will have the advance dealer shipping notice (similar to the monroney label), misc assorted paperwork, copy of the original order, any warranty paperwork (if it came back for service) and sometimes an original set of keys. It's invaluable to have this paperwork to prove provenance for a GSD car and if like me you did not have a buildsheet, it concrete verifies what options your car originally came with.
I was pretty sure that I'd heard much of the Grand Spaulding paperwork on individual cars had survived, and many years back maybe even saw advertisements on how to obtain it. I thought only copies were available. Having the originals is quite valuable.

Thanks for helping me realize I didn't just dream it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Keith!! I contacted the guy that brokered the car a year or two ago now. Seems like a legit low mileage GSS car. Mine had 23,090 miles when I found it. As for paperwork, yes I was able to purchase all of mine from Larry. Correct as mentioned carbs are Holley from 435/427 Corvette and Segal air cleaner. I was hoping to have the only FY1 top banana GSS for 71, but there is at least 1 more - glad this one has a vinyl top - mine doesn't.

If I remember correctly, the 1971 Mr. Norm's Demon 340 Six pack was a special done at Mr Norm's. The buyer would purchase the car, then sign the paperwork for the Six Pack upgrade, so yes, there would documentation. In the 1972 year model, yes, they offered a supercharged Demon 340. That was my 18th and 19th year on planet Earth, and I would have given my eye teeth for either one.

-
Back