904 behind a Mag

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
Due to the way my luck is going I need to get my truck back on the road for something to drive while I work on my DD. Been running a 4 speed and then a 3 speed manual behind the 93 Magnum. Due to Bell housing and clutch issues I'm wanting to put the 904 that was behind the la 318 that was in it to the Magnum 318 that's in it now.

From what I have read the 904 torque converter will bolt to the Magnum flex plate if you slightly enlarge one of the holes.

I'm not sure if I still have the Magnum flex plate so my question is will the la flex plate work on the Magnum considering they are both internally balanced.

5.2 Magnum = Yes

5.9 Magnum = No

The 5.9 is an externally balanced engine. Not making use of the factory flex plate will require a B&M flex plate designed for the 5.9 Magnum.

Alright just wanted to make sure I still have the la flex plate it's with my 904. It's a Magnum 318 so I'll pull the manual stuff slide the 904 in and put the old driveshaft back and be good to go.

Alright just wanted to make sure I still have the la flex plate it's with my 904. It's a Magnum 318 so I'll pull the manual stuff slide the 904 in and put the old driveshaft back and be good to go.

is your magnum still factory fuel injected? if so the La flexplate is a no go, because crank sensor can't read. if you are carbureted it's a go

I thought all "magnums" were balanced the same.

And a 5.9 is done differently than a 360.

Well, the have a 5.9 to neutral balanced torque converter. I'm using it in my '79 Magnum with a '00 , 5.9 to a 727. I do not remember the details of the converter to for plate attachment, but it could be like below.
A 360 to neutral balanced verter.
(Pictured)
image.jpeg

-
Back