904 passing gear?

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
i have a 904 auto trans in my 73 duster 360, my passing gear isnt working so i did all of my adjustments and everything seems to be moving to full length at both trans and carb, my trans was out and flipped over at one time and with pan off is there a part in the trans that could of got unhooked or even just came loose that i can check, if so how do i check it and fix? thanks

adjustments...do you mean you adjusted the bands?
This is what stopped my passing gear from working..external band on the tranny was outta adjustment.
If no one else replies I can look in my 904 tranny book for you which details problems/solutions

the passing gear adjuster is on the left side of the trans.sqaurehead with a locknut tighten to 72 inch pounds then backoff 4 turns did you have the vavlebody out?

1. How is fluid level
2. Did you adjust the kickdown? The rod going from the carb to the tranny will have an adjustment...I set mine right in the middle and drove the car to see if I had third...you might have to get up to speed to find out.
3. Right next to the trans cooler line on the front driver side of the tranny is the third gear band adjustment.
From there we will go

i had a trans pak shift kit installed by mechanic i dont know what he took out i dont know to much about inside of trans? please respond thanks i have been trying to adjust kick down for days in fact it had lokar in it when i bought it couldnt get it to work so i put in regular one on and still cant get it to work, when i adjust the kick down does the lever on trans need to be all the way back and the throttle wide open? thanks for help

Put the level right in the middle. Then drive the car and adjust as necessary. If you put it in the middle and it shifts into third then you know its the kickdown

-
Back