904 rebuild parts & pitfalls

-

sdahmer

Reaction score
I need your help once again FABO! I just got done building a 360 for my 72 dart which should, hopefully, be putting out 350ish hp (machinist's guess). This will be a fun daily driver with no track time, but probably some stop light action. I am going to be rebuilding the sb 904 and need some advice for parts. This is my first trans build, so any additional help is welcome. I have the atsg manual and I've been watching the 727 videos everyone posts on here.

I know the TF-2 kit is a big hit here, but is it ideal for a daily driver? If budget allows, is it better to get an aftermarket valve body?
Which rebuild kit do you guys like? I've been looking at Cope and Northern
What other upgrades should I be considering? Part #s would help a lot.

Also, know of any common pitfalls you can help me avoid?
Thanks again for all your help!

Save money, buy the kit from northern.
Do the TF 2 kit or buy a VB. Either way works.

Product/Tech Support/Contact:
Give our technicians a call at (626)-443-7451
MC900433907[1].PNG

8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday "Pacific Time" zone
"CLOSED for LUNCH from 12:00pm-1:00pm" daily.

Address:

TransGo
2621 Merced Ave.
El Monte, CA 91733-1997 USA

Business Office Open 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday "Pacific Time" zone

© 2012 TransGo All rights reserved.

Wait, I read that wrong :D Just ordered tf2 and northern kit. Any more suggestions? Thanks again!

Ok, got the tf2 kit installed in the VB. Got the transtar kit, Sonnax servo, and springs & rollers. Should I upgrade the clutch packs to alto reds (kit has borgewarner)? Or should I go to the 5 clutch pack by using the thin .061 disc with .068 steels? I also contacted CRT and they recommended the following parts, what do you guys suggest?

band strut

low reverse band

2nd gear band

Multi-Spring Pack & Billet Retainer

-
Back