904 transmission rod problem

-

70-duster

Reaction score
i have a 70 duster that I am converting from a column shift to a floor shift. Are the brackets and rod different between a 727 and 904? I can't get anything to line up.

There are many different console automatic linkage pieces for A, B, C and E-Body and 67-76 are not the same for all models. Post some pics if you can of what you have so we can help you figure it out

There are many different console automatic linkage pieces for A, B, C and E-Body and 67-76 are not the same for all models. Post some pics if you can of what you have so we can help you figure it out
Here is what I have.

IMG_1324.JPG

The bracket 19-48-46 is giving me the issue. It rod that is suppose to go through it,is not in the hole. It is like 1/2" above the bracket. I tried bending the bracket, but that made it worse. I ended up adding 2" to the bottom of the rod. I think some of my issue is the location of the center console brackets on the interior too. Is there a picture with dimensions on where EXACTLY the brackets get welded?

That pic shown has mostly B-Body parts in it and it would be better if you add a pic of the parts you are working with. If it is 19-48-45 that is too short it is probably for a B-Body, A-Body is a different length and has different placement and clocking of the levers. If 19-48-45 is a correct A-Body then 19-48-46 is probably the wrong one, there are 2 common different ones (others for later years) and they are angled opposite. I do not have dimensions for the bracket locations on the hump currently but i am sure another member here can assist you with that info

-
Back