904 transmissions do not bolt to a V-8

-
After maling a call to someone . I am admitting I was wrong The early v-8's were 904's So Hang me up on a tree guy. I was wrong but At least I admitted it. It was the later versions that were 998's and 999's Learn something new exery day. well I am going back oiut side I will read what you all have to say later, Steve

Damn right. Nuthin wrong with bein wrong. If you never make a mistake that means you ain't doin nuthin. Don't sweat it dude. My next mistake is probably right after I type this.

I must agree absolutely 100% correct
904 will NOT bolt up to a V8
(if it is from a slant6)

I owe you an apology. Somehow or another I missed what you had in them parantheses thingies. Sorry bout that. My bad.

So how do you tell the difference between a 998 and 999 without tearing it apart?

The stamped number on the side of the pan rail. But sometimes that's not 100%. So tearing it down is the only sure fire way. The 999 has the low first gear the 998 does not.

I think you misread what you quoted, the last line in the () states if it was not from a slant6, which to me is more of a slap at the op's statement. Another words if it is from a slant6 of course it will not fit....

You're absolutely right and I apologized. Somehow I missed the last part. Probably stupidity.

I owe you an apology. Somehow or another I missed what you had in them parantheses thingies. Sorry bout that. My bad.

HA HA HA!!!!!!!
I meant to do that!!!!!:cheers::snakeman:8)
just making sure people are paying attention
:pirate::argue::sign7::poke::supz::tongue2::axe::sleepy1:

Just for the record....

904s came in 2 flavors: /6 and small block

727s came in 3 flavors: /6, small block and big block.

And none are interchangeable between the engine sizes.

Not to start a fight, but oldmanmopar constantly chimes in with bad advice. I'm an old mopar man, and don't reply unless I have had experience with the problem.

Not to start a fight but maybe you are the one that chimes in for no reason but to start trouble with who ever you dispise. Maybe you should spend more time getting your Duster done in that Avatar then being concerned with me. No body is perfect, and knows it all especially me , But if you need any advice on how to finish your Duster just give me a shout, I'll be here waiting to help you in a flash.

Damn right. Nuthin wrong with bein wrong. If you never make a mistake that means you ain't doin nuthin. Don't sweat it dude. My next mistake is probably right after I type this.
I will be the first to admit I am not always right.Thanks for letting me be wrong with dignity.

Glad you stepped up about your 904 lesson of the day OldManMopar.LOL.I could see this thread heading south.We all learn small tidbits daily from this great informative site FABO.Sometimes it,s better to ask first before taking 1 mans opinion:computer:.I know I,ve learned mostly by asking first.Just sayin

Agreed , Sometimes You think you know what you don't. I was asking every one that came in the shop yesterday and they all shot me down and I argued with them. so I called a freind from a local Dodge dealer who I know has been building these trans for a long time. When he told me I was wrong. I had to curl up in the corner and accept the facts. Lesson learned. When I am am wrong I will admit . No shame here. Good lesson, is you learn every day in life no matter how much you think you know there is always more to learn. (But I almost know everything Lol!!) Thank's Steve

I wasn't the only one in the pole that stated this so he learned also. Whether or not he raises his hand , will be seen

I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong. :)
Happy Moparing

-
Back