-
Status
Not open for further replies.

OleNatesOlds

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
.920 or .940 torsion bars for '69 Dart. I have a pair of /6 (0.820") torsion bars off my 69 Dart Custom 4-dr I would like to sell or trade even for just as nice .940" bars (HP/Police).

mnghouse,
Yes and I really like PST stuff, but not wanting to go that stiff on mine. And I know MP makes the .920s but seemed a little pricey. (Why IS the a-body so expensive on that part?) Know anybody else that makes them for "couple hundred"? Thanks

I think you would be pleasantly surprised how well the 1.03 bars ride and handle on a typical street car. It is a really nice improvement, well worth the money in my opinion.

From what I understand that's a tad too much wheel rate for \6 with virtually no options (weight)...

i put a set of just suspension 1" bars in a friends 68 dart slant six car. it does have power steering but thats about it.. it has cheepo kyb shocks and ride very well. not harsh at all...

I'm just somewhat surprised that there's not a peep from someone with the smaller size(s). From reading articles and older posts on here and other sites that are 10 or so years old the consensus was that the smaller bar(s) was the way to go for a good blend on a street-driven car and the 1"+ bars were pro-touring/race only sizes. Of course one wonders were they speaking from experience or speculation? (The above responses obviously seem based on the former) Is the current demographic less concerned with comfort? Has the raw material and/or forging process changed?

I just want to make the best informed decision I can from my laptop. I guess I wouldn't be too concerned with paying double if it meant I would be happy in the long run and would actually want to drive my car. There are some pretty crappy roads and rr crossings around knoxville. But there are some awesome stretches in the region with the smokies just a short jaunt to the southeast. In the end I'll be driving it everywhere I can as long as I enjoy it.

i put a set of just suspension 1" bars in a friends 68 dart slant six car. it does have power steering but thats about it.. it has cheepo kyb shocks and ride very well. not harsh at all...

Joe,
I assume those js bars were straight and un-clocked hex ends? How did installation go with getting proper ride height? I've heard there are "issues".

I have a set of 892/893 from a 69 cuda 318 w/ PS very nice condition front end was never hit or damaged.. 50.00 plus shipping

i tried a post on .920 bars and it's hard to get responses on them...lots of positive replies on 1" bars.
I installed .920 bars in my current project ...hope to be driving it by late May or early June.

I stuck the 340 bars in my 67 barracuda with a front sway bar and good alignment and it didnt drive that good when it was new. I was real happy. Sorry I cant remember the size of the 340 bar they arent hughe just enough for me.

i tried a post on .920 bars and it's hard to get responses on them...lots of positive replies on 1" bars.
I installed .920 bars in my current project ...hope to be driving it by late May or early June.

if i would have seen the thread i would have replied. we had .920 bars in jamies 69 dart (don't think the 1" were out yet) i really liked them.. car was firm but not harsh and that was with cheap kyb shocks too. even with no sway bar the car stayed flat in corners (normal driving).

I have a set of mopar's .92's on my 71 Swinger with a V8 and do not feel that they are too rough. I like the ride. Have disc sway up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back