!969 Car Craft 340 Swinger

-

ds416

Reaction score
Just wondering if the cool looking 340 Swinger that Car Craft built is still around ... I took a picture of it in the parking lot of a Dodge dealership
in Cedar Rapids Iowa back in 1987 ...

Car Craft some years ago said they found it (after something like 4 owners) and said the current owner was restoring it as he had discovered its history-never heard anything more after that. You may wanna check with them..........

I had seen it in the mid-eighties at Tulsa International Raceway, during an AHRA division race.

is this the one that was built in '69 ? the one with fenderwell headers ?

I think he's talking about the one in the 80's, I need to dig thru some boxes, I used to have all the issues on that car. I had a 69 340 swinger when I was 16 ( in the 80's when you could pay $1000 for one ) so I looked forward that coming ever month : )

[...]I had a 69 340 swinger when I was 16 ( in the 80's when you could pay $1000 for one )[...]

Ahhhhhh ... the good ole days ... when you could offer someone a pair of pants and a Menudo record in trade for a nice 340-powered Dart / Duster / Demon / Dart Sport ...

It was the one with the psychedelic type paint job .. the car sounded pretty cool .. was suprised that it was not in the show ; then the cars were pretty cheap ... a 71 Challenger Conv. 383 car was for sale for about 6500 ..it was white w/ black top and stripes ..

Last I heard the car was in SoCal. You might want to ask one of the CPW members about it.

-
Back