!969 dart GTS340 on the way ( HAS ARRIVED)

-

17remfan

Reaction score
Wow , what a day. 10am my 69Dart GTS 340 pulled up in the car trailer. I spent all day cleaning the engine and waxing the body .The paint is awesome and the body is straight.Id feel comfortable going to any car show or car cruise with it .

The stock 340 engine feels like a real bear and seems very eager to rev up.The factory duals are still sounding great.The engine seems to be a cool running job.My Pontiacs always seemed to run hot.

Things on my short list to do are install the new heatercore, get the blower and factory ac unit up and running if possible. The power steering arrived with nearly no fluid in there and had a leak . I was able to add Lucas power steering stop leak and think it started to seal everything right up .Ill know more in a day or 2.Need a few tail light bulbs a tire valve cap and a couple doorlock stem knobs and two nice floor mats ..All in all ,thats not much . Pics on the way very soon . I just didnt have time today.

Here are some photos . Please let me know what you think.
2009_02160002.jpg

2009_02160003.jpg

2009_02160001.jpg

2009_02160010.jpg

Here is one photo of the matching engine,work in progress.Only had the car two days so far.Hope you all like it .

2009_02160009-1.jpg

Im sure it will be fun to drive around.Im very eager to do that .Now if I can just figure out these weird seat belts. They unplug from the roof ,swing down across your neck and plug into nothing !!!!!

Oh and when I start to get guys with Mopar tattoos saying they like the car ,then I think it really passes the big test.. Im glad I was able get some photos up.

Great lookin' Dart. (Isn't it fun to get a new toy?) An air car to boot. Have fun! toolman

Boinnnnng...WOOD!

Very nice car, good luck with it.

Yes sir , its a matching 340 GTS.Last registered in 05 so its been sitting a while . Last owner did the nice paint job.

Fender tag codes show wide sill moldings, am /fm , gone .Light package, tinted glass.. car has brand new glass. Buckets seats , AC, 3 speed wipers, roof drip rail moldings, light green poly. green int . E55 340 ,D32 heavy duty auto trans, LS23 P9B Its got sure grip but not sure which ratio yet. 60k on Odometer. the original manifolds and duals are still there.

Undercoating did a good job keeping the bottom solid . No holes only some lite surface rust ..I really like the dog dish look. the engine has been painted hemi orange but I find thats not correct.My goal is to keep it pretty much as is .I would like to get the heater and AC up and running .It seems to be all there.

Hi. Love the Dart, very nice color in and out. Your lap belts should have an extra buckle to latch the shoulder belts to. Did I mention you have a great looking car? Bobby

-
Back