9in drum parts wanted!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Any one change there early A over to disc brakes and want to get rid of there old 9in drum parts? I am wanting some extra parts. Really looking for some very nice hubs. Especially the ones with the RH studs. Mine has loose studs. The nicer the better! Thanks!!

I need the hub with the RH studs the most. Really want a nice one. But as I plan on sticking with the drum brakes any parts would be good.

When I was a wee lad I lived in Savannah, GA. On Wilmington island. Man I love that place!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I have some 9 inch brake stuff, most of it new. I dont have hubs,but if you let me know what eles your looking for I might be able to help you out. Ken

I've got some stuff as well. Control arms, drums, spindles and I believe a pair of hubs with good studs.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I've got some stuff as well. Control arms, drums, spindles and I believe a pair of hubs with good studs.

Ken
Edison, NJ

What would you want for your goodies? I really only NEED the hubs, but I could always use some extra parts.
Thanks!

I just tried to find the hubs and couldn't, so I suspect that I sold them a while ago. I have the rest of the stuff though. All 4 control arms, spindles, ties rods and center link.

Ken

I just tried to find the hubs and couldn't, so I suspect that I sold them a while ago. I have the rest of the stuff though. All 4 control arms, spindles, ties rods and center link.

Ken

Hay thanks for looking! I already have all those other parts on my parts car. I really only need the hubs, and maybe a really nice set of original fined drums.

This is the style of hub I am looking for. Must have RH threads. Good tight studs. And clean threads. I am also looking for a very nice original 70 to 71 fined drum. I have one very nice one, but my other one is trashed.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 65 hub.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 224
I threw away a set of spindles and control arms because no one wanted them. Put them in the trunk of a car we were scraping. Had NEW drums, shoes, bearings and seals in them too!!

That stinks!
I am sure that happens allot. It was just my luck the ones on my parts car were junk!

I have a set of drums not sure if the are finned I will dig around in my parts pile and see what I come up with.
Ken

I have 1 finned drum I will check the quality of for you. I have a couple hubs as well but I am not sure what studs are in them. I will check after taking the kids to school.
~Michael

I found that I have 2 finned drums and 1 hub with 5 solid right hand thread studs. Each stud has a right hand threaded lug nut on it for a steel wheel and all thread on and off easily by hand. I am going to take all the stuff into town in the morning and have the drums checked for thickness and see if I can get the drum removed from the hub.
~Michael

Hay thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin

I found that I have 2 finned drums and 1 hub with 5 solid right hand thread studs. Each stud has a right hand threaded lug nut on it for a steel wheel and all thread on and off easily by hand. I am going to take all the stuff into town in the morning and have the drums checked for thickness and see if I can get the drum removed from the hub.
~Michael

Took the drums in and had them turned to clean up the surface rust on them and then checked for thickness. Unfortunately they are both below the minimum thickness. The hub is soaking and he is going to press the old drum of on Monday. The studs and races all check out good on it though.
~Michael

Took the drums in and had them turned to clean up the surface rust on them and then checked for thickness. Unfortunately they are both below the minimum thickness. The hub is soaking and he is going to press the old drum of on Monday. The studs and races all check out good on it though.
~Michael

Bummer on the drums! Thanks for checking! I could use the hub if it comes apart OK, and the studs are still good and tight.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have a set of small bolt front hubs, with all studs intact. I cant remember if I through the 9" drums away or not. I'll give a look in my shed.

Hay thanks!!

I am still in need of a really nice RH thread hub. I bought some new drums. But would still take some fined drums if there have not been turned to death. But the hub is the most needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back