9th Anniversary of my Sister passing, Wife not happy

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
My wife has been giving me crap all day because she didn't get Flowers on valentines day. I hate this day, I told her years ago that I don't like to celebrate this hallmark holiday yet for some reason this year she is riding me about it. I even sent her Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to her work just as a small token and this isn't good enough. I can't feel bad because she knew going in.

My condolensces John! I have a sister but she is an leech to my mom and stepdad and almost 50 years old. Are you able to "celebrate" Valentines day a day early??

I get where your coming from. Valentines day is also my stepsons birthday. He's mostly a twit, but if I forget to say something I'm a S.O.B.

My buddy doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day because his dad passed away of a sudden heart attack on that day. I tried to be logical and tell him that his dad wouldn't have wanted him to mourn the day he died, but maybe to celebrate his birthday, but he won't have any of it.

BTW, my baby sister died of cancer at 37 so I feel your pain brother. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

If momma aint happy aint nobody gonna be happy. just saying. Not too late for dinner or a night cap.

What she didn't know was I was trying to surprise her after work. She however was being a total ***** today.

John ... if I could begin to help explain why women do the things they do I'd be the next Ann Landers. All I can offer is my sympathy not only for your sister's passing but for your heartache and her insensitivity in response to it. << hug >> It's tough for everybody when someone believes the world revolves around them.

John ... if I could begin to help explain why women do the things they do I'd be the next Ann Landers. All I can offer is my sympathy not only for your sister's passing but for your heartache and her insensitivity in response to it. << hug >> It's tough for everybody when someone believes the world revolves around them.

Thanks Leanna, She said she was sorry for being bitchy when I got home. With all the other crap I deal with from her this was almost the straw that broke the camels back.

Yeah, I can definitely relate to THAT. I've had quite a few "straws" piling up on me lately too, and each one weighs an exponential of the one before it. How about we just hold each other up hun??? :-D

Yeah, I can definitely relate to THAT. I've had quite a few "straws" piling up on me lately too, and each one weighs an exponential of the one before it. How about we just hold each other up hun??? :-D

Cool. Hey how much to powdercoat my Hemi Denny K-member and control arms in hammer tone dark grey/black?

Johnparts sorry to hear about losing your sister. Sounds like you and your wife have a comunication problem. You two need to talk to each other and show respect for each other. I don't think its a good idea to call each other names face to face or here on this forum. I know I make this sound simple and at times it is tuff but you can't take it back after it is said and it will come around to bite you in the *** down the road. Life is to short to go through it fighting with your mate. You might want to talk to a counselor or minister.

Johnparts sorry to hear about losing your sister. Sounds like you and your wife have a comunication problem. You two need to talk to each other and show respect for each other. I don't think its a good idea to call each other names face to face or here on this forum. I know I make this sound simple and at times it is tuff but you can't take it back after it is said and it will come around to bite you in the *** down the road. Life is to short to go through it fighting with your mate. You might want to talk to a counselor or minister.

I try to talk to her all the time. Problem if it isn't good for her or what she wants then she won't listen. I've suggested counseling and therapy she wants nothing to do with it.

Next time get her flowers :) It is a "Hallmark Holiday" just like many others but if it makes Momma happy just do it. And women don't want you to just do it, they want you to want to do it -so act like you really mean it and you might get lucky.

I try to talk to her all the time. Problem if it isn't good for her or what she wants then she won't listen. I've suggested counseling and therapy she wants nothing to do with it.
Sorry to here this it sounds like she is a little inmature and needs to grow up. If there is a lack of comunacation you are destined to fail. I would tell her calmly that it is a deal breaker that if she is unwilling to seek counseling than you may have to call it quits. Bad way to go through life fighting all the time. If you have kids it will sure screw them up. I will keep you in my prayers and hope she will change her mind. She sounds like my first wife, very spoiled by her family. I rode it out for 10 yrs of hell and called it quits. She really showed herself during divorce and said she was going punish me. It was quite costly to free myself of her but it was the best thing I ever did.

Well, if you aren&#8217;t Catholic, you could tell her that you refuse to support the holiday on religious grounds.

The day isn&#8217;t a big deal with us.
My wedding anniversary is an observance, like Memorial Day.
Not a celebration, like The Fourth Of July.

Sorry if I sounded insensitive. I understand it is really hard to deal with both at once.

I've NEVER bought flowers for my other half, waste of $$$. My misses knows there is no point asking me for them now. We don't do anything special on Feb 14 & we don't have a reasonable excuse like you do.

Same reason Easter is not a happy time for me... Dad and grandpa were both buried on Apr. 7th; dad in 1998, and worse grandpa in 2011... THAT was some terrible ****... Bad enough it was coming up on April again in 2011, then we get the news Grandpa died on April 1st, almost the exact time 13 years later..... Not a very happy time for me at all.

People know I'm never cheery around the beginning of April. People know not to screw with me on Apr. 1st; usually ends badly for them.

If your wife does not know about your sister's passing on V-tine's day, maybe you should inform her.... If she DOES know, then she's got no excuse.

- CK

P.s. Daredevil, do you know your avatar and signature pics are both of a B-body? :glasses7:
(Sorry, just trying to bring some humor to an otherwise lacking thread)

Same reason Easter is not a happy time for me... Dad and grandpa were both buried on Apr. 7th; dad in 1998, and worse grandpa in 2011... THAT was some terrible ****... Bad enough it was coming up on April again in 2011, then we get the news Grandpa died on April 1st, almost the exact time 13 years later..... Not a very happy time for me at all.

People know I'm never cheery around the beginning of April. People know not to screw with me on Apr. 1st; usually ends badly for them.

If your wife does not know about your sister's passing on V-tine's day, maybe you should inform her.... If she DOES know, then she's got no excuse.

- CK
She Knows full well.

-
Back