A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
^ Yup...I think so too! My seats, are the same as Richard's above... but are on backorder. I have lots to do, so when they get here....they get here. Email notice said by the end of March.

Checked my MRL Performance tracking number....The balanced forged rotating assembly is "On vehicle for Delivery today". Got the US Car & Tool Sub Frame Connectors ordered, they should be here Tuesday.

Wanted to thank Brock (bvt69dart) for coming over to lend a hand in getting my A-833 back together this morning. Brock has done two of these rebuilds and quickly spotted I had the forward clutch gear on the main shaft "backwards". We turned it around and after some tedious manipulating of the various parts....the A-833 smoothly bolted together. It rotates like butta'!!!
Ain't she purty! One more piece of the puzzle done! Thanks again Brock!

IMG_2955 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2957 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2953 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Looks good, be a shame to hide that under the car.:burnout:

Thanks Dave! The whole underside of the car is being sprayed in new black undercoating...so it should look good under there.

I'll be removing the original undercoating in the areas where the Sub Frame connectors go soon, not looking forward to all the scraping...but it has to be done. Scat rotating assembly arrived yesterday.

I don't know about your tranny jack, don't look very steady.:D

^Agreed, very temporary. I thought the driveshaft would hook right up and steady it all in place.....but the driveshaft is a bit too long. Gonna have to have it shortened just a bit.

Lots and lots of grinding to make them fit better before welding.

Lots and lots of grinding to make them fit better before welding.

Depends, some say they fit perfect, others say not so much... Seems as tho when floor pan work, like changing a pan, has been done they don't fit as good

Mine was a ragtop, but they did tell me they might need some fitting work.

Higgs was over last night for a lil' Mope chat and he brought a few cold ones thanks Brian! Since I really needed to drop the trans back out to adjust the shifter and install the linkage rods....We came up with leave the A-833 out and install engine and trans all as one. So the A-833 is in my living room while I work on the engine. Doesn't everyone have a orange A-833 in their living rooms???

IMG_2993 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2997 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

I agree on installing both as one unit....
Here's a a quick shot of mine going into the Duster

Attachments

• 150191_2683697070340_1293744356_n.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 352
Spent the morning drinking my coffee and installing Spiral locks onto one side of the forged Icon pistons. Need to get some assembly lube before installing the connecting rods. Made arrangements to take the block in for prep with the local machine shop.

IMG_2999 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

-
Back