A-518 Who has put one in an A-boby

-
K folks,anyone wanting the long lost hiperformance mopar A-518 swap article please P.M me with your email addy and I will send it A.S.A.P

P.S; it is an adobe acrobat file,six seperate files actually.

3 pin connector,Looks like mines a lockup, so it might not be the best for my application. If I'm correct I think you have to use a non-lockup main shaft to delete the lock-up feature ? Thanks everyone for the great info & pictures !

If you don't want to use the lockup feature just don't wire it up.

I didn't think you could use a standard converter, without changing the mainshaft. please tell me I'm wrong !

Like I said if you aren't going to use it let me know what you want for it. I may be able to arrange pick up or meet you some place on your side of the hill.

Like I said if you aren't going to use it let me know what you want for it. I may be able to arrange pick up or meet you some place on your side of the hill.
Thanks, but I'm going to hang on to it, If it doesn't go in my Scamp, I'll save it for a future Duster project.

Any good info out there on putting in a magnum and 518 in an old mopar?

This thread is a good one for the 518 install end of it.

As far as the physical engine fitment part, I've done it with a 4 speed trans, but the automatic install is similar.

If you want to do the Magnum, with it's fuel injection, into an older car, I can also help you there, as I have the wiring sorted out to do it as an "add on" to stock wiring.

Mark.

I have the chance to buy an 01 Ram Van with a 318, 518, A/C for $500. I would like to put that drivetrain in my Valiant so any help would be appreciated.

I have the chance to buy an 01 Ram Van with a 318, 518, A/C for $500. I would like to put that drivetrain in my Valiant so any help would be appreciated.

If its an 01 make sure its really a 5.2 and not a 4.7 OHC engine (or worse yet a 3.9 v6). If its actually a 5.2 you will have to fab some motor mounts unless you use a motor plate since the later 5.2s don't have the old style LA type mount ears on the front of the block.

Larry

-
Back