A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Denny says that Dan's motor "is home".

383in_zpsdc683a9a.jpg

383in3_zps9088326b.jpg

383in4_zps2beec49a.jpg

383in2_zpsbb05cf77.jpg

up from the bottom and not a scratch....just Scruffs helping (actually napping). I could probably do it with my eyes closed....but I like to watch.

I think some guys like putting the transmission tailshaft through
the windshield while being helped/directed by 6 of their friends.

From the bottom up is the only way to go.......and the headers
are already on.

Wow that looks nice and clean.....even being blue, I'm gonna have to try the engine up from the bottom install one of these days. I'm tearing the Dart apart trying to get the transmission cooler lines installed since the motor, trans, TTI headers and starter are/were already installed. Oh and I noticed there were no 1/8" line fittings in the transmission what a P.I.T.A.

up from the bottom and not a scratch....just Scruffs helping (actually napping). I could probably do it with my eyes closed....but I like to watch.

I believe I've seen at least a dozen threads on here regarding the installation from the bottom...I believe I might have to do that next time I have to install an engine/tranny. From what I gather, you can just about have the whole thing put together minus some electrical connections and hoses.

I believe I've seen at least a dozen threads on here regarding the installation from the bottom...I believe I might have to do that next time I have to install an engine/tranny. From what I gather, you can just about have the whole thing put together minus some electrical connections and hoses.

anyone that can keep those Warbirds flyin...can install a mopar power plant from the bottom.

Thanks for your service
Denny

Dan came up for the Saturday thrash. Big breakfast, then out to
the shop with the boys. Today featured finishing the suspension and
brakes, installing the shifter, final driveshaft measurement, carb and
air cleaner mock-up, some trial wheel/tire fitments and a zillion (yes,
a zillion) smaller details. Front sway bar and Edelbrock shocks. The
exhaust is TTi 2.5" all the way back. Lot's of lists, measuring and
note taking.

Dans383build2114_zps336cd3e7.jpg

Dans383build2116_zps05bee38b.jpg

Dans383build2125_zpsc7742199.jpg

Dans383build2122_zps8e6fffd6.jpg

Dans383build2124_zps183735b8.jpg

Dans383build2100_zpsb1971174.jpg

Dans383build2090_zpsd7e6e2ce.jpg

Dans383build2080_zpsd2f9ad67.jpg

Dans383build2073_zpsb86aafab.jpg

Dans383build2071_zps4c584267.jpg

Dans383build2067_zps21523f3b.jpg

Dans383build2023_zps765d985b.jpg

Dans383build2009_zps9cd8bfb3.jpg

Dans383build2008_zpsc8d6bdfa.jpg

Dans383build2020_zpsdd93a6f8.jpg

Dans383build2017_zpsbba13f3b.jpg

thanks...ya know..we could be at your shop in what?......14hrs?

Regarding Dan's beautiful 383 Duster just as an example,
I wonder if anyone can give an accurate weight difference
estimate between a fully cast iron 383 and Dan's engine which
has aluminum intake, cylinder heads, water pump components
and lightweight steel tubular exhaust headers?

Of course then we must compare those numbers to a stock
318/340 as well.

Anybody?

BTW, what torsion bars are Dan using?

I installed 'up from the bottom' on my buddy's '67 Belvedere...was simple and sweet. All these years of doin' GM stuff (where it has to go in from the top), and now I want to do Mopar Engine swaps all the time. It really is a better way. I love that you can have almost everything completely assembled and essentially only have 8 bolts to install the engine/trans. Since this was a small block into a B-body, I probably could have had everything assembled (alternator, air cleaner and all), and it still would have fit. Unfortunately we were still trying to find parts at this point. The chain on top was for putting the engine in the K member earlier.

Putting a small block in a 67 Belvedere??? ....someone needs slapped!

-
Back