A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
I would imagine that there is a priorty list when it comes to comfy towels.

It looks like that motor has some comfy towels of it's own!

Had to do a little rattle can touch-up on some suspension pieces and ran out of plastic for any overspray protection.

For some reason my wife buys new towels every time we move...we have moved a lot in the last 7 years....I get the leftovers (towels)

As a matter of interest and history, that's Dan and Denny (orange shirt) circa
about 1976 in Denny's thread signature picture of the black Duster drag car.

L-HDuster1_zpsafde6823.jpg

no....NOT on the spectator side as in the past, the FABO club area is just down from where you and your friends always park..... our FABO tent will be a stone throw south of you, towards the highway...next/north of the Viper guys.

Sweet... I look forward to seeing you guys this year.

a few years later,in 1978.....gas was on the rise and the Duster with a "street" 383, no lettering or decals, but maintaining "the Missile" scheme was sold to Roger Green in Arkadelphia, Arkansas...he saw the Hemi Roadrunner I had for sale in National Dragster, came up and bought them both. no clue what ever became of any of them, including Mr. Green.

note the towel over the carbs....some habits are hard to loose (of course with no wife back then, I probably used the towel to dry off the dishes when I was done with it on the car)

was sold to Roger Green in Arkadelphia, Arkansas...he saw the Hemi Roadrunner I had for sale in National Dragster, came up and bought them both. no clue what ever became of any of them, including Mr. Green.

With all the different internets or Interwebs out there these days I'm sure you can find out.

Yep........No find (yet)

Mark....That was a "Bout" paint job.

You can't imagine how beautiful that car was.

How to be Kojak: No matter who you're talking to or what you're
saying, you must end every sentence with the word "baby".

kojak_zps32526e73.jpg

almost ready to put Dan's 383 / 4-speed in....we better get moving....hot rod season is almost here.

Since I haven't posted here in forever (aka i'v been MIA) should have at least stopped in and said WHAT'S UP. Sorry for that guys I'm an *** sometimes. Looks like everyone's been having a blast lately. Life's kept me pretty busy but I should have a least kept in touch, so let the flogging begin I ain't goin no where.

welcome back, my friend.

ya ain't missed nuttin...grab a cold one and let the BS begin.

Cars still sitting in the corner of my shop under a cover. I will be ordering the tti's next week and I'm hunting a trans as we speak.

-
Back