A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
I'm afraid that GTX didn't stay that way for long............There's
a 5.13 in that Dana......

gtx1.jpg

gtx2.jpg

gtx3.jpg

hey Sky...got the exhaust tigged friday...and one more trial fit (takes about 10 minutes) before I drop off at the powder/ceramic coater on Tuesday...

no problems/issues that I can't address....I'm tryin to get the bottom side buttoned up before I tackle the top....although engine compartment almost completed....

Bro Weeb is detailing the grille (basic Valiant/Duster) and taillights....I got a repoduction Shark Tooth ..but not at all happy with the quality,,,I'ff fine tune it over the winter for next year.

I still have to finish up the fuel filler....the stock cap has the handle removed and now is only a vent....so I'll modify the fill tube to allow for fill in the trunk....soon as I get and install the new gas tank...it will get completed

and of couse there is the graphics....hmmmmmmm

right on John.........that picture features lowered stance/super tricks/12" slicks/12.5 to 1 pistons/5:13 's/tunnel ram w/ twin 600 holleys under early Sox and Martin pro stock hood scoop.........great street car

Some (unfortunately) very fuzzy pics of the roller-cammed
383 in the black Duster, with different induction systems.

LHEng1.jpg

LHEng3.jpg

LHEng2.jpg

Denny sounds like your getting it handled pretty well. Glad someones making progress.

John you seem to have a archive of not only the family but of a whole period in muscle car history I really enjoy the old pics. Brings back lots fun memories.

got anymore current Silver Duster pics to share?
I'm a little lost.....trying not to post stuff I already have before
but there are a couple thousand pics of this build to sort through.

.......and I don't want to post any of that secret crap that no one is
supposed to see.

First pics of engine compartment with the car on the ground.

NOTE: LARGE REWARD FOR PERFECT SHARK-TOOTH GRILL

DennysDuster060211041.jpg

DennysDuster060211030.jpg

DennysDuster060211029.jpg

DennysDuster060211061.jpg

DennysDuster060211097.jpg

DennysDuster060211098.jpg

Note: Since these photos were taken the front end has been lowered 1/2", the track (width)
has been pulled in 3/8". The front tires have been replaced with some that are 1/2"
narrower and 1/4" shorter.

DennysDuster060211061.jpg

I have this pain..........

You f=cker ! ROFLOL............... You boy's crack me up and yes Sky, just a little!

I can understand why Brother John is yelling about the sharks tooth grill. In my humble opinion that grill would do your car justice.

Im not a fan of duster's, but this one is soo gonna look amazing! I don't hesitate to express respect in good work. THAT my friend is great work!

thanks Chuckie.......

as you can tell by the old photos...I've always been a fan of the A-bodies....and new meat is always welcome....

Hemidart528....was a modified production car that ran a 11.0?...never did get in the 10.s

not proud of the way the car lauched..had a homemade leaf-link...and I think the super stock leaf springs by themselves worked better.....

It was the 70's....live and learn.....and I've learned a little since then

Im not a fan of duster's, but this one is soo gonna look amazing! I don't hesitate to express respect in good work. THAT my friend is great work!

^+1...lol, been lurking & following this build for a bit now.
That Sir, (In My humble opinion) is a Damn 'proper build' :thumrigh:

A little? I think you learned a little along the way! And thanks for sharing!
I talked with Mark V and progress is slow... Your build is looking sweet. Is it going to be ready for Bout's cruise????

Time for some updates tonight and first is to Floyd from New
Mexico as Denny has pulled the Hemi from the A-body mock-up
and has a 440 4-speed combo inserted with Schumaker mounts
and the new TTi big-block A-body headers for Floyd's Swinger.

These headers are definitaly the Hot Ticket for B-motored A-bodies!

DennysShop062211011.jpg

DennysShop062211013.jpg

DennysShop062211012.jpg

DennysShop062211014.jpg

DennysShop062211022.jpg

DennysShop062211020.jpg

-
Back