-
Some more early fab pics - tailight panel & trunk

DennysShop12-23-10161.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10179.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10164.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10241.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10240.jpg

Holy Cow Sky...I see how you rate.....

already got the die-cast replica of your hot rod by Bro John!...

Holy Cow Sky...I see how you rate.....

already got the die-cast replica of your hot rod by Bro John!...

Well I don't know how I rate that but very cool (Yours will take much longer as it must made out of platinum to represent such a high quality build)

skypower, the pic of the lower shock mount (post#704) looks to be below the scrub line... please tell me I'm wrong.

Ok your wrong, it is close but was measured and checked by my chassis guy. He builds pro mod cars and such so I trust his work. Plus its a street car so should'nt be a problem as this thing will be putting around a 40mph its whole life.:happy3:

I've got exactly the correct rear wheels and tires (elsewhere)
to make one of these like Skypower's. It's a Hemi.

BlkSS-A2.jpg

Skywheels.jpg

So lets take a vote should I change the stance of my car to match the Di cast one. I really love the attitude that car has, mine might be to modern.

You guy's have way to much talent between all you brothers.

Where do you find all that stuff way to cool.

Got a fresh set of these M/T's (in this exact size - 315/60R-15)
with 15x8.5 gray centered Torq-Thrust D's and matching 15x4.5
fronts with 205/75R-15's.

All are here....just have to get them mounted and balanced.

An alternative look to the Cragar set with the 315/60R-15 BFG
Drag Radials.

MTDennyc.jpg

Did you ask about how those tires work with a stick shift car, as I have been told by M/T they only have one or two models for them, something about the way the tire loads when launched I don't understand all the enginering stuff. Thats just what the tech guys at the track told me when I was asking about what tires they might have for my car.

Bro John is a frickin' wizard....he made a model of my '69 GTX ...my first car....and it was amazing...

So he builds to scale of what you build life size I would say you two make and awsome team.

74burntorange.....mine is a 74 like yours....yours is probably a lot nicer than the grocery getter I started with....and it turned out really nice

the tail panel was a gift and been on a car that was totaled...now you can buy the panel from AMD and save all the time I spent removing spot welds and staightening it

also got rid of those giant bumpers...to help make it more like a 71-72 model...of course the hood and grille stuff is pretty much "bolt on"

Sky...you wouldn't believe all the cool cars Bro John has built....I only got the one

but I'm not tradin'

John?....put on the pics of the Get-X......real and die-cast...the coffee pot in the background gives away which is which

Theres a All Mopar Show next Sunday June 26th at Summit Racing in case you want something to do ...it's only 1 1/2 miles from the house and I would supply the cold beer and hamburgers plus maybe you could give me some pointers on the Duster....this offer is good for you to Mark, sorry about your plumbing problem

Did you ask about how those tires work with a stick shift car?
Seems to be all Drag Radials, not just M/T, and has to do with launch
techniques when racing on the strip.

Quoted from an on-line forum:

"Something has to slip when you launch a car.
Either a torque converter, a clutch, or a tire (or a combination of two).

The problem is that D/R do not seem to like being the part that slips,
they don't tend to recover like a slick or bias DOT tire. If the tire is not
slipping the clutch is."

Here is a great article on Drag Radials from MoparMax online magazine:

http://www.moparmax.com/tech/2008/iii_7-tire-1.html

thanks for the Get-X pics......circa 1973 (?).....cranked up torsion bars/highjackers/lakewood mini traction bars/headers/4:11's/heads milled for x-tra compression/Lunati cam/800 Holley doublepumper w/chokehorn removed/holley electric fuel pump/9" hurst shift tower.........talk about ready for action!!.....come on!

Is that your red Vega GT in the garage/driveway?...what year was that?

Seems to be all Drag Radials, not just M/T, and has to do with launch
techniques when racing on the strip.

Quoted from an on-line forum:

"Something has to slip when you launch a car.
Either a torque converter, a clutch, or a tire (or a combination of two).

The problem is that D/R do not seem to like being the part that slips,
they don't tend to recover like a slick or bias DOT tire. If the tire is not
slipping the clutch is."

Here is a great article on Drag Radials from MoparMax online magazine:

http://www.moparmax.com/tech/2008/iii_7-tire-1.html
Now I see O B Whan thanks for the info.

Nice GTX Denny I wish I had pics of my old cars. Never really thought about much back then.

How's the car coming along any problems or issues.

Theres a All Mopar Show next Sunday June 26th at Summit Racing in case you want something to do ...it's only 1 1/2 miles from the house and I would supply the cold beer and hamburgers plus maybe you could give me some pointers on the Duster....this offer is good for you to Mark, sorry about your plumbing problem

I pull a double next Sunday.................. but I do sleep with the boss, she may give me the day off! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the invite and kind words.... :thumrigh:

How do you guys remember all these details I can't remember what I had for dinner last night.

-
Back