A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
I can't type.....too much drool and slobber on the keyboard.........

let's see..its on two wheels now...and that only took about 5 years...so let me do a little math....motor in and on all fours...a couple of weeks(end)....ready to drive...another 3 to 4 weeks after that....I got a couple of items that didn't get pre-engineered/assembled and I'm definately not going to 'rush" anything at this stage....but I'm not going to stall out either....steady Eddie here....till done

brainfarts.gif

OMGosh, I love silver with the red interior. Perfectomundo!!!! Awesome job. Are you going to put any stripes on it?

i'm the welder.

This, my friends, is the welder supreme! Check all of that
heavy finish welding.....and he could fish scale a pop can.

Tough to figure out with HemiMark, Mark body & paint 1, Mark
body & paint 2 and Mark from Columbus. This is the fifth Mark!

Finally got the fan which was probably the last large missing
piece on the Hemi.

DennysShop031119001.jpg

DennysShop031119008.jpg

DR HEMI......

switch on shifter is not a "linelock"...its a "roll control"...I guess it's good for driving in the WV hills I just moved away from.........what is this linelock you speak of?

switch for the OD is a toggle mounted on the right hand side of seat mount...I refuse to use the supplied switch that looks like it belongs hanging under the shift knob in a dump truck...I'll also transplant(hide) the master switch in the big guffy panel below the front of the drivers seat and hook the "on" light to the "fasten seat belt" idiot light in the dash...incognito..but fitting

Sorry about the SLALL...I meant STALL....once again...didn't have my readers on again

Mark....the welder/fabricator..(fog327).....is the magician that takes my sketches, scratched on a cocktail napkin and tranforms them into what you see before you

duaneorr333.....stripes?? you ask.......O.K..... but how about something a little different?...something fitting for the car......hope you guys like what I got coming

switch on shifter is not a "linelock"...its a "roll control"...I guess it's good for driving in the WV hills I just moved away from.........what is this linelock you speak of?

Come on...were have been hiding the last 60 years? "Roll Control" same..same "Line Lock"! \\:D/
Like when you go to the drag strip in WV....and the starting line is up hill...:wave:

I just put it on cause i thought it would come in handy on the hills....you tellin' me it does other thigs.....SHAZAMM!!!!!!

kinda figured that one out already......but thanks for the warning

Denny,
I have a couple questions regarding your build. first, what is the actual size your running on the rear BFG's ? second, Do you think that 3 1/2" of suspension travel will be enough for my Duster build ? and third, what Silver did you use on the body...I might have to go silver after seeing the way yours looks, simply incredible... except I am be going to use a bright blue interior and some non stock exterior mod's . thanks
HemiMark told my back in Sept about you painting your Duster Silver glad I finally get to see it......again gorgeous build.

Ross...(hope I got that right)...rear tire ....BF Goodrich Drag Radials...315/60/15 ...they measure overall appx 29 7/8" tall and 12" wide...inflated on 8" wide rims

3 1/2" rear travel is passable....bounce on a "stock" car w/good shocks or air shocks and tell me what you get...I just wouldn't be playin' Bo Duke...I think I got 5" plus on mine and hope I only use around 3"...I'd put stops on it so you don't use the shock for the travel stopage..if you know what I mean

the Duster is painted...late model (07-08) Dodge pick-up silver...not the prowler silver...I was told that it would be easier to apply and touch-up if neccassry...I read somewhere (your thread) to K.I.S.S.

Thanks for the compliment....it never gets old!

out of the box....TTi B/E body 2 1/8" headers,TTi 2 1/2" H pipe, and 2 1/4 "dennybuilt" tailpipes w/ stock appearing 2 1/4" stainless steel exhaust tips...mufflers ...something throaty....like flowmaster or knock-off

I like to keep the backpressure.....like a good fart!

-
Back