A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Closest thing I have here.

The rubber trim was (seperately) painted body color (on purpose).

Ask the Boss.

DennysDuster050516127.jpg

DennysDuster050811001.jpg

I can see it now.... nice touch.....

:thumbup::headbang::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::headbang::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::headbang::thumbup:

Brother Weeb started this mod before I acquired the car......its part of turning a '74 (without replacing 1/4 panel pieces) into a '71 kinda lookin piece.....better than a bead of caulk like I was gonna do (I'm not very creative ya' know)

Brother Weeb started this mod before I acquired the car......its part of turning a '74 (without replacing 1/4 panel pieces) into a '71 kinda lookin piece.....better than a bead of caulk like I was gonna do (I'm not very creative ya' know)

Weeb did good. I really like it. Your creativity will blossom soon enough, your still young.

This car is really nice ,I only have one Question. After all the work in the tailight section changing the car to 70-71 Why the 72 up markers. Just think the factory flush mounts would have gone better with the tail panel. Just thought I would ask. You must have had your reasons. Steve

Good eye Oldmanmopar....I know its kind of a misfit...I just like the "look" of the '70-72 Duster (muscle cars) better than the '73 and up.....the parts I changed did the biggest impact for me to get that look and the pieces came with the car...except the tail panel a buddy of mine gave me....but to start changing all the rest....no thanks....most people wouldn't have a clue....or too old to remember what year had what...shoot I can't half the time .

this car was always destined to be a fun "coffee getter"....you'll never see this "misfit" in the Autorama

it is what it is ...a bitchin' Mopar hot rod

Good eye Oldmanmopar....I know its kind of a misfit...I just like the "look" of the '70-72 Duster (muscle cars) better than the '73 and up.....the parts I changed did the biggest impact for me to get that look and the pieces came with the car...except the tail panel a buddy of mine gave me....but to start changing all the rest....no thanks....most people wouldn't have a clue....or too old to remember what year had what...shoot I can't half the time .

this car was always destined to be a fun "coffee getter"....you'll never see this "misfit" in the Autorama

it is what it is ...a bitchin' Mopar hot rod

:thumbup::coffee:

I was hoping you didn't see that JB! How's the Demon running?????
The Demon has been sitting until I get a different oil. I (we) think it might be too thick. Having a little issue of a lifter not pumping up on start-up. Had the Bubbletop out today and Sarah had the Road Runner out...she loves it...top down feeling like your BOATING.......
Taking the Bubbletop (for show) to the 409 Shootout at Thomspon Dragway (Ohio) on Friday and Saturday.

The Demon has been sitting until I get a different oil. I (we) think it might be too thick. Having a little issue of a lifter not pumping up on start-up. Had the Bubbletop out today and Sarah had the Road Runner out...she loves it...top down feeling like your BOATING.......
Taking the Bubbletop (for show) to the 409 Shootout at Thomspon Dragway (Ohio) on Friday and Saturday.

What oil do you have and what are you switching to?

Denny
Hope all is going well on the ride! Gonna get hot and heavy on mine next week...I hope you have a great holiday weekend and get lots accomplished on the Duster. Oil pan will be purchased tomorrow :D

time to re-arrange the shop.....and finally roll it outside for some quick photos....got some minor fine-tuning (alignment/ride height/bumper adjust) to do...but I think you'll get a feel ........

OK ...Bro John....were waiting

MONKEYING WITH FENDERS

How all of that chopping, cutting, welding and smoothing
lets you run a 12x30 rear tire (and an almost 29" tall front)
without getting things too far out of proportion.

Just can't wait to see it parked next to a "stocker".

DennysDuster060211067.jpg

DennysDuster060211052.jpg

DennysDuster060211074.jpg

DennysDuster060211053.jpg

DennysDuster060211075.jpg

DennysDuster060211076.jpg

DennysDuster060211055.jpg

DennysDuster060211054.jpg

DennysDuster060211012.jpg

DennysDuster060211015.jpg

DennysDuster060211004.jpg

DennysDuster060211003.jpg

DennysDuster060211046.jpg

DennysDuster060211094.jpg

DennysDuster060211013.jpg

DennysDuster060211008.jpg

DennysDuster060211005.jpg

DennysDuster060211061.jpg

No latte' for me but I'll have a regular coffee, light cream. Damn Denny, that Duster turned out very nice! My coffee-getter isn't going to be quite that nice, but it will have to do. Nice job on all of the pictures Old man Mopar!

thanks Dr. Hemi and Tim......I was hopin' you'd like it...

That's one sexy car right there. Inspiration to the few of us young guns who still believe in "no replacement for displacement" :thumbup:

DUDE:cussing:Warn a guy to wear sunglasses before viewing that car in sunlight:lol::wink: Now I have only one word for YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

'preciate that Hemitis....kinda got the look of a '71-'72 era Pro Stock...coffee getter...eh? (thats for my Canadian buddies)

Holy crap Batman !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing is damn sexy, your making it real tough to stay with the original B-3 and not follow your lead and go silver....I salute you, sir.

as long as its not a one fingrer salute...I appreciate your approval!

My weekend is complete. Denny you have out done your self, it is absolutely awesome.

-
Back