A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
68GSS440

I was at the Mopar Nats a few years ago and was looking for a certain beautiful black Duster with a matt black 340 side stripe. I had seen it earlier at a distance and wanted to get a closer look. I was standing right next to a black Duster... but didn't think it was THAT Duster because the stipe... black on black.... had all but dissappeared!......but at a different angle...stood out like a sore peter (visuals help some of us).....anyways...

right then the light bulb went off....how about a famous race car scheme done that way......kinda like a picture negative....not so "in your face"...ghosted.....and I was building just the piece that would work with the perfect scheme to use....my personal favorite....the "Mopar Missile"

we...Bout and I experimented with different paint technics...shading/ghosting/ect ...but the best/cheapest was the simple vinyl graphic...the sticker

Bart ..at Banshee Graphics took a digital picture of the car... a scan of an actual "Missile" photo..... the help of his computer and his talent....then he produced what you see

not too bad for just another "idea scribbled on a cocktail napkin"

Now that pic gives me a big "missile" in my pants. :toothy7:

And the schwing-fest continues. :thumbup: :toothy10:

Wylde1.

Attachments

• DSC0573a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 918
sure looks better with the cragars on all around....I'll have to get Bro John to do some "new' pics....maybe an action "holeshot''

Thanks Will....good to hear from you.....

whats next?....More ....More....More.....

Back to a couple of builds I'm assisting with.....383/400/4-speed/Swinger and a front end package for a Hemi Cuda similiar to the Hemi Demon....Maybe my brother Weeb wants some help fimishing a project or two... of course..I would like to help my buddy HemiMark science out "Big Blue'' ..a new generation Hemi install with a late model IFS

build a few more K-frames for Hemi installs....always wonderin'....what if????

hey Floyd....thanks....how do you like the graphics?...just a new twist on a old idea,right?

Ouch.... It still stings a little!

Tod, I went to the Mills tonight with Donny and there were a lot of cars...... We need to get together and go. Maybe next week? Let me know.

Sounds like a plan (weather permitting). I think JB would like to make it out as well.

Bart...who owns Banshee Graphics (Findlay,Ohio)....he did it all in one sheet....computers are great!
Bart also does a lot of race cars...including my nephews 410 Sprinter

took a digital snapshot of the car....scanned the photo I had of the "Missile".....verified some measurements....and SHAAAAZAM!!

had to do a little adjusting because a photo is flat....and the Dusters body is slightly curved....who 'da thunk it?

I'd be surprised if he had over $25.00 in material....but about a day of labor.....he said it was more difficult re-facing the guage bezel than doing the "Missile" scheme

Thanks Will....good to hear from you.....

whats next?....More ....More....More.....

Back to a couple of builds I'm assisting with.....383/400/4-speed/Swinger and a front end package for a Hemi Cuda similiar to the Hemi Demon....Maybe my brother Weeb wants some help fimishing a project or two... of course..I would like to help my buddy HemiMark science out "Big Blue'' ..a new generation Hemi install with a late model IFS

build a few more K-frames for Hemi installs....always wonderin'....what if????

I was day dreaming about Big Blue today. Just thinking about the IFS and also the Crown Vic police package.... the rear end is some crazy 4 link set up......
t_crown_vic.gif

And I am always in need of help on projects.... thank you, I will take you up on that for sure.

what does Big blue have for rear suspension now....Leaf springs?

if a good ride is what your after...go parrallel 4-bar w/sway bar/coilovers....simple/cost effective and used on assorted rods for decades....you could trianglelate it and eliminate the panard bar....but keep the bars parrallel to the ground and equal length front pivot to rear pivot allowing for the addition length needed to triaglelate....give me a napkin...I will draw it for you

I LOVE the set up in the Duster......very tuneable....I currently have the poly-ends on the control arms but....this winter, when things slow down a little..I will build another set of control arms with the rubber bushed ends (Detroit Speed and Engineering sells em') for a even more street friendly/plusher ride....just like my Dads Lincoln!

...keep the Dana...just re-gear ....depending in tire diameter of course.....combine that with your Crown Vic IFS front suspension AND your new gen HEMI/ A/C/ auto w/overdrive...you'll be the talk of the town!

have a smoooooooth ride, Mr. Bandit

-
Back