A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
That all-aluminum Hemi and aluminum case trans must help a TON (pun intended).

You have A/C too and the front of your Duster is still 78 lbs lighter than AUTOXCUDA's
even though he has aluminum heads/intake, no A/C, aluminum water pump, aluminum rims,
aluminum radiator, aftermarket front seats, 1.14" torsion bars and TTI headers.

I would still like to see a comparison to a stone-stock 340 Duster 4-speed with A/C.

Front...1760.....52.7%
Rear....1580.....47.3%

Total....3340....100.0%

I will put the next one on a diet.....and make it not so nose heavy.

here's what you do...... raise the front end up a little :wack:, it'll be higher in the front and therefore lighter and giving you better weight distribution, ROTFLMFAO :violent1::violent1:

One week apart....Which do you prefer?

Duster at (Mopar) Nationals with Halibrand replica wheels:

Duster%202015%20Nats_zpsorimkajx.jpg

Duster in Chrysler display at Woodward with Cragars:

Denny%20Woodward%201_zpsytujnpo7.jpg

I cant pick a favorite between the two.......they both look great on that car..

I saw him there. Too bad he didn't really get in a pass. He was evidently experimenting with trying to click the overdrive right after the launch but the delay of the electronics combined with the violence of the launch were not cooperating. I did see him leave once and after waiting for the electronic shift, basically come to a stop and take off again. Still went a 13.20 LOL.

The electric shift works great on the street where because of no bite.....you more/less drive the car out of the bottom.....not so good at the track when you have to make the 1-2 shift immediately.....the lag is too great and not consistent.

Next time....just do a 1-2 speed /power shift

Another smooth move......pulled in the water.....set the line lock....got her spinning.....reached for the od switch taking finger off line lock button and rolled out of the water before the tires even got warm.

Simple fix....moved line lock to turn signal.....need both hands to master this cream puff.

Just gotta knock the rust off......first drag strip pass since the mid 70's

Don't feel bad we all have moments where we lose cool points. 72 Swinger R/T with HDK front suspension is almost on the road.....smokey burnouts await me! Thanks again for your help.

-
Back