A bodies

-
I'm going to be patient and I'm learning that going farther may be what it takes. Also, I'm not going to just focus on A bodies.

Part of my search included consideration of what would make a car special for me... decided something from the year I was born or when I first got my driver's license would be cool. My first car was a 64 Valaint so when a 64 Valiant with colors and options I liked came around I went in. Plane flight to inspect it ($200 bucks on southwest) and $1500 for enclosed shipping to my door was a good deal given fuel costs and time commitments.

Good luck in your search

You guys think that I'm lazy and don't want a car bad enough because I won't travel all over the country looking at cars, I know that a car isn't just going to show up on my door step. I have x number of dollars for a car and if I go traveling all over, that takes away from what I can afford to pay for a car. I don't see why mid 20's won't get me a decent car. I don't want a project car that's why I'm budgeting a decent amount for it. Yes, I know that I'm talking about rebuilding the engine for performance and that's aside from what I'm wanting to spend on a car. There hasn't been a "A" body in the st.louis area for a couple of years. I'm going to increase my travel distance since I can't find anything in st.louis. I like cars as much as the next person, but they aren't my main / only goal in life. I'm wanting a nice car to enjoy, I don't want to be working on it all the time. I figured that if 22-25k isn't enough for a clean rust free "A" body with ac,ps, and a automatic, I don't know what to think.

They're out there. I'm in Mass and found my 67 Dart on a Google search in Arizona. Texas car it's whole life, Owned by same family for 50 years. Totally rust free. All original with perhaps 2 repaints. Low mileage. Got it for 18,900. Since I didn't have the time or desire to run to AZ to check it out, I had an appraiser check it out for 350. Confirmed that it was a good car, and trucked it home by Intercity lines for 2000. Consider using an appraiser and ship it to save you the time and leg work.

3 hours one-way in the fall to look at it - seller wanted too much for what it was. Did the trip again in the spring when he dropped the price to where it should have been in the first place, I bought it and had it brought home the next week on a friend's trailer when he was going past on his way home from his vacation trailer - cost me 2 cases of beer.

I see a LOT of ebay Mopar listings from MO.

I've been in your shoes. In my case, I was looking for a specific A body at least semi-locally which I defined as 500 miles. I never quit looking over the course of 3-4 years. I found both of my target cars for $2k, one 15 minutes away one 45 minutes away. I found my truck for $200 about 2-1/2 hours away. The reason I was able to get them was I never stopped looking, and I was on CL, FB, and BAT. I had cash in hand, a truck, and a trailer that I took to each meet-up. People know you're serious when you have cash and a trailer. If you're that close to St. Louis, there has to be a nice A body nearby for way less than $10k. Like WAY less. Keep your nose into the grindstone, you will find something nice.
The op can't work on the car . He's not looking for one that has to be brought home on a trailer.. unless you're talking trailer queen... LOL...

The op can't work on the car . He's not looking for one that has to be brought home on a trailer.. unless you're talking trailer queen... LOL...
I can do the mechanical things, I don't want a car that needs body work as it's expensive and I have no knowledge of body work

I can do the mechanical things, I don't want a car that needs body work as it's expensive and I have no knowledge of body work

When you run up on a car and it's almost a certainly it's bee through the paint and body process ask for pictures during that time..... People will do things to cover stuff up that I can't even spell......

JW

When you run up on a car and it's almost a certainly it's bee through the paint and body process ask for pictures during that time..... People will do things to cover stuff up that I can't even spell......

JW
Good idea, thanks for the tip.

Expand to 4 hours driving. That would GREATLY increase your chances, and if you aren't willing to drive 4 hours, you must not want one very bad.

Expand to 4 hours driving. That would GREATLY increase your chances, and if you aren't willing to drive 4 hours, you must not want one very bad.
I plan on increasing my travel distance. I'm going to see about using a friend of mine's car trailer and hopefully my brother in law will go with me.

-
Back