A-body 4spd console side cover

-
Keith, It is a beautiful car.

The picture posted above is the correct console side cover it is identical to mine. It appears to half cardboard and carpet overlay with an epoxy and formed.

What's with the TUNA DUDE?????? LOL!!!!!!

I have an original also, if need to compare?

That side cover must be for a Hurst shifter because my dad's barracuda never had that on it and he has an inland shifter, maybe 1968 and up only had the cover?

The pictures I posted were from my 67 with an inland. The tuna can was to show the "hump" size. But I like NWdarts explanation better =)

Here's the pictures I promised of the repo side cover from the eBay
seller. Fit is OK. Heated it a bit with a heat gun and it took its shape
when cool. It isn't a exact copy of the original but should look correct
when covered with carpet.
Thanks for all your pictures Rocky. Very good info for us trying to piece
one together.

Attachments

• IMG_20140906_080447_253.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20140906_080418_455.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20140906_080410_347.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 312
Sure wish that someone could make conversions that could be used on the automatic console. I've got an automatic console in my car but will be going manual and would like to use a console. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks, Steve. I've put some money into it along the way. I am pretty much done with
tracking down all the needed parts. Hope the console carpet comes with the carpet kit
when I am ready to put it in the car.
As for the side cover I bought of eBay it will look correct with the carpet covering on it.
However it does not accommodate servicing the Hurst shifter like the originals.
With this fiberglass aftermarket part you would have to remove the entire console rather than
fold back the carpet like the original fiberboard. Thought some would like to know this.
It could likely be made to snap on and off some how with some effort. It wouldn't be a bad idea.
Taking the entire console out to tweak shifter adjustment would be inconvenient.

Any suggestions on making a cover? at the point of adding the carpet to the console and haven't gotten past how to address the side cover let alone glueing carpet to it

Greetings from PR. Retired after 32 years in the USAF (8 active duty + 24 ANG) I am restoring a 67, Formula-S, 273, 4 speed, with console, but the lever is not the correct one and hits the console. The one I have is the Inland unit with the "T" lock for the reverse gear. This one has a "slight" bent to the center (about 2 inches) but is close to another 2 inches short from the center. I think the the lever was changed. Do some one know the part # for the correct one?

Some pics of dads 66 fish interior...all factory stock

Greetings from PR. Retired after 32 years in the USAF (8 active duty + 24 ANG) I am restoring a 67, Formula-S, 273, 4 speed, with console, but the lever is not the correct one and hits the console. The one I have is the Inland unit with the "T" lock for the reverse gear. This one has a "slight" bent to the center (about 2 inches) but is close to another 2 inches short from the center. I think the the lever was changed. Do some one know the part # for the correct one?

Attachments

• BARRACUDA-67-ALX-225.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 181
  • BARRACUDA-67-ALX-223.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 163
  • BARRACUDA-67-ALX-235.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 158
-
Back