Not open for further replies.

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
I decided to go 8 3/4 on my project so im offering up this 8 1/4 for cheap. The gears are original and in good condition. Im not sure on condition on the sure grip but it was working last time I had it in a car. The rear is free of grease and was painted black. Its got a nice coat of dust on it from sitting the past 15 years. A couple years ago I installed new axle seals, rear gasket and fresh oil/additive. Rear is complete with backing plates, no braked or drums. Visual inspection of internal parts found no obvious issues.
$300 cash pick up in person, no shipping. Located in Southern Maryland 20650.

I decided to go 8 3/4 on my project so im offering up this 8 1/4 for cheap. The gears are original and in good condition. Im not sure on condition on the sure grip but it was working last time I had it in a car. The rear is free of grease and was painted black. Its got a nice coat of dust on it from sitting the past 15 years. A couple years ago I installed new axle seals, rear gasket and fresh oil/additive. Rear is complete with backing plates, no braked or drums. Visual inspection of internal parts found no obvious issues.
$300 cash pick up in person, no shipping. Located in Southern Maryland 20650.
Mike, Assuming Mopardug doesn't want the rear, do you know whether it would line up with my 1964 Valiant's leaf spring perches and stock axle width?

Yeah I think they are the same. You might want to post the question in a thread. My experience is mostly 68+ cars.

I'm not sure myself about the early A's, but it should bolt right into my 74 Duster. Yes, I can make the road trip. And just have to plan on it being a Excursion LOL

What's it out of? In other words, SBP or BBP? I can be there tomorrow morning if it's BBP.

Yes, definitely a bolt in for the 74 duster. I think it came out of a duster or dart sport. I have had it for over 20 years so cant say for sure at this point.
Its BBP, pretty sure all the A body 8 1/4 were. Mopardug has first dibs so long as he can pick up in a reasonable time frame. Im available anytime now through the weekend.

Add me to the list if the others pass. I'm in MD and can pick up.

Yes it will bolt into any 63-76 abody.

8 1/4 will be large bolt pattern.

Correct my yankee friend. If it bolts into a 74 Duster, it will bolt in all the way back to a 63 A body.........possibly earlier.

Keystone, your next in line. The original buyer backed out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back