-
Status
Not open for further replies.

shieldsup

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
A body 8 3/4 rear end, complete with brake drums with the "hats". I purchased this a few weeks ago here on the forum from challengersteve and just as it arrived a Dana came up locally, so this is surplus to my needs. 2.76 open, 741 case, spins smooth. Brake drums with "hats", can be used as is with a cleaning and an emery cloth cleaning inside. Emergency cables free. Appears to never have been opened, pinion seal dry. I lightly scraped a section of the tube and found a clean tube with no pits. The only issue is that the brake lines got snagged and bent in shipping so I tool them off, otherwise it is just as I received it. I paid 600.00 for it plus shipping but since I have no use for it and it is just sucking up space in the garage I would sell it for 500.00 to another A body fan.

Located 10 minute from O'Hare airport. Can send any additional pictures you want. I will assist in any way possible with shipping, but shipping costs are yours.....

Attachments

• 100_2176[1].jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 100_2177[1].jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 894
  • 100_2184[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 890
I was up your way twice in the last 2 weeks making Hydraulic cylinder deliveries to Gary, Griffith, East Chicago and Burns Harbor, IN. I took delivery yesterday of a 66 Valiant vert and a two door post car from New Mexico. The post is a /6 225 car that was supposed to be for parts, but I can get a title for it in PA with just a bill of sale ( it came from a Mexico junk yard). Have a friend with a built 225 - cam, shaved head, 4 barrel intake and carb and 2 piece headers. Thinking about buying it for the post as a sleeper engine. Will this rear fit a 66? I may be back that direction in a couple weeks or a couple months as I drive on call for this company. I would have plenty of room to pick it up.

I did not know you could get a title in PA with a bill of sale. What form do you use or how do you go about that?

I think it will fit in the 66 but am not positive. I know it drops into a 69 Valiant, that is what I'm building. I'm sure that someone on the board can tell for sure, but I'll be happy to measure anything you need if that will help......

It will fit . I put one in my 63 Valiant. You will have to shorten the drive shaft.U bolts for 3'' tubes and the right shock plates or open the holes in the 7 1/4 plates

I agree with Darter6 that it will fit. I put one in a 65 Barracuda with no problems.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I will be going to the Notary I use next week to get plates for the Vert and send for the tile for the post car. I will let you know. May be best to PM me with an E-mail so I remember. The only thing you can count on working better as you get older is your forgetter!!!!

I have an 8.75 rear end in my 1965 valiant barracuda . If it is from an A body car it will fit your 66 cuda. compatible with Duster - dart - valliant - scamp - barracuda etc.

More on how you can get a title in PA with a bill of sale...Please

dam i have all kinds of mopar parts interior exterior barracuda vallint fury sattalite cornet i"m in madison wisc need any houde doors or windows be in jefferson wisc for the swap meet on the 29 /30th write me here plaese

I have had many questions about shipping, so here is the answer to all.

I can put the rear end on a pallet and take it to a freight terminal near O'Hare airport at no charge to you as long as you arrange and pay for any shipping costs.

I can load it into you vehicle if you come to pick it up. I could also deliver it within 100 miles of Chicago for gas money, I think 50.00 would cover it for the round trip.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back