A Body 8.75 housing/axles dont match

-
i did. he said they were out of a duster... but in his defense he also said he would see if he had another set he can trade me...

Maybe his Duster had a B-body housing stuffed under it and he didn't realize it.

If you don't get it worked out with him let me know cause I'll have a set of A-body axles for sale in about 2 weeks. They were sent off to Moser's and re-drilled to the large bolt pattern and screw in studs installed. I wouldn't recommend them for high hp applications but they have served me well in my Cuda that's about 375 hp. I'm installing a 408 and sticky tires so I don't want to push them that far.

im sorry, yes there were the factory stick welds around the housing ends

Understood. Still odd that it's that much shorter than it should be.

Maybe his Duster had a B-body housing stuffed under it and he didn't realize it.

If you don't get it worked out with him let me know cause I'll have a set of A-body axles for sale in about 2 weeks. They were sent off to Moser's and re-drilled to the large bolt pattern and screw in studs installed. I wouldn't recommend them for high hp applications but they have served me well in my Cuda that's about 375 hp. I'm installing a 408 and sticky tires so I don't want to push them that far.

Understood. Still odd that it's that much shorter than it should be.

well its for my built slant. im kinda scared to ask how much...

thats what mancinni sells to... so if my math is right on a factory housing of 52 5/8" or 52.625 - 1.5" (for the center space) = 51.125 or 51 1/8 then divide by 2 for both axles and u get 25.5". now this number would be from the housing flange on the axle. so a total axle length would be 27 11/16 as previously stated.
so wouldn't 28" axles be to long?

The ones Mancini's sells are made to be used with Green bearings only and with them you take out the thrust pins (or thrust block if it's a cone type SG) or run a spool then they slip in a little farther.

The ones Mancini's sells are made to be used with Green bearings only and with them you take out the thrust pins (or thrust block if it's a cone type SG) or run a spool then they slip in a little farther.

thanks for the info. would it be a good idea to take my pins out of my Clutch SG even with stock style axles so if i switch...

Only if you install Green bearings. You need the thrust block/pins for stock type bearings.

cool. this is my first rear end build so im learning as i go. hopefully ordering new clutches for the sg monday

ok so the exact measurments are
Housing= 52 5/8
perches= 43 on center
Axles 29 3/8

and got some piant on today

Everything you need to know was in that link I posted.

It's an A body housing
Axles are not!

A-body housings are 51.400 in length from flange to flange. The perches are 43.00 on center. A B-body housing is 55.00 flange to flange and 44.00 perch center to center. If you are sure the housing is the length that you just stated then I would suspect its not an A-body housing either. I narrow rearends for a living so I would suspect that either your measurements are off or its a housing that was narrowed at some point.

well now we have conflicting data... some say they should be 51.4 and others sa it should be about 52.5.

so how are we going to clear up the wrong info... what ever it may be? i fully sandblasted the housing, there were not grind/cut/weld marks except for where the housing ends were welded on. both the perches and housing ends were stick welded on...

well now we have conflicting data... some say they should be 51.4 and others sa it should be about 52.5.

so how are we going to clear up the wrong info... what ever it may be? i fully sandblasted the housing, there were not grind/cut/weld marks except for where the housing ends were welded on. both the perches and housing ends were stick welded on...

51.400 is from that junk chart.

Just like all b body rears from 62-70 ARE NOT the same dimensions... but that chart says they are... it's one of the single worst pieces of mopar info/reference on the net

51.400 is from that junk chart.

Just like all b body rears from 62-70 ARE NOT the same dimensions... but that chart says they are... it's one of the single worst pieces of mopar info/reference on the net

well how do we get rid or have it corrected

A-body rears are 52 5/8.I had a C-body rear cut down to 46 5/8 and had strange make me some 25 inch(A-body are 28 inches)axels with greeen bearings,for 10x2 1/2 inch brakes.Was fairly easy to do.Cracked is right,that chart is wrong,measure a A-body rear and findout.:read2:

CB is correct in that 52-5/8" is the right width. I measured mine to verify it a long time ago when i first saw that chart. I don't know how that junk chart got started but I wish it would disappear as I'm sure there has been more than one person narrow the housing too much because of it.

CB is correct in that 52-5/8" is the right width. I measured mine to verify it a long time ago when i first saw that chart. I don't know how that junk chart got started but I wish it would disappear as I'm sure there has been more than one person narrow the housing too much because of it.

ok well if i cant get the right axles from the guy i should be able to scrounge up the money for ur axles!

-
Back