a body chrome exhaust tip?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your putting them on the Dart in your avatar you really should get them for a 68-69 Barracuda or a 70 Dart. They are a lot shorter and fit better. Just my .02 cents.

PG Classics has nice polished stainless tips, BUT you ain't gonna get 'em THAT CHEAP........That is a GREAT DEAL for NOS !!!!!!

i cant afford the real thing so i got some from advance wich tend to want to rust so i have to clean them more tha usual but i only paid 20 bucks for them so i got what i paid for lol

Unless they're stainless I wouldn't waste my time or money messing with them. And if they're stainless they will turn blue therefore losing there glorious appearance. I'm sure I will be flamed for pointing that out but next time at a car show just take a look at the exhaust tips.

So instead of shelling out that kind of my money on exhaust tips I use it against the cost of the muffler system.

I used to buy the cheap ones for my truck years ago before I knew better and they just wouldn't last long at all. Lose the chrome appearance because of rust.
I was talking to my exhaust guy when I took my truck in to get another set of the tips installed. He said that he quit running tips years ago. I said well cut my rusty tips off and tuck them under where you don't even see the pipe. Since then they have never been installed on any of my vehicles.

Just a suggestion you might prefer the exhaust tip look

Attachments

• Exhaust pipe left side.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Exhaust pipe rt side.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Rear shot of the car.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 172
Just the one resonator tip for my 273 commando package costs more than a pair of those dual exhaust tips. The commando package is being gathered for one car and dual exhaust is going in another car meaning I need all 3 parts. Counting coins ? We all do it. We should count or blessings so often.
On a single exhaust car with tube turn down only, Anyone ever noticed the reverse lamp fixture on the left corrodes and pits worse than the right side fixture ? Would a straight away tip would make a difference there ?

Heres a set.... any interest?

Attachments

• mopar1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 145
  • mopar2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 146
  • mopar3.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 141
  • mopar4.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 133
Go by your local muffler shop and see what they have. I got ones that look very similar to the A body tips on my truck and they were only like 40 bucks for both of them.

Attachments

• DSCF1128.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back