A-body exterior door handles - reproduction??

-

FastMopar71

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting new exterior door handles for my '71 duster. I was wondering if anyone has reproduction handles? How are they? How is the quality? Is the quality as good as original?

Also, where is the best place to get them from? I found a set on ebay for $75. I know they are more at year one?

Opinions?! Thanks

i myself bought a set from carlisle like 5 years ago, they were 80 bucks, and repops. they fit nice, worked even better. well worth it over some of the big companies!.

Whatever repro door handles you buy are going to be Chinese garbage with plating that looks nice for about half a year before corroding right before your eyes.

Here are the 2 I have

Attachments

• rsz_sam_1969.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 198
  • rsz_sam_1961.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 211
Whatever repro door handles you buy are going to be Chinese garbage with plating that looks nice for about half a year before corroding right before your eyes.

It wouldn't surprise me but are they really that bad Dan? Would it be better to get old ones re-chromed?

whats difference between 70 & 71 door handles ?
noticed most advertise 71 - up door handles ?

I got a set of repops about 1 1/2 yrs and the chrome is fading off the top of the handles. Next set will be Mopar.

The difference is in the mechanical behind the button. If you have the earlier type you would need to remove one screw from the backside and exchange the mechanical reusing the original.
In this case after the chrome fails you've gained absolutely nothing.

Go to autopartstrain.com and order a set of door handles for a 79 dodge truck, as there the same door handles as other mopars. There repos, with very nice chrome, and only 23.00 each. I put them on my duster and they work and look great.

-
Back