A-body LCR sway bar bracket mesurements

-

convx4

Reaction score
I am looking for some measurements from a factory 66-72 lower control arm sway bar brackets.

It seems that the b-body brackets can be bought, but not the a-bodys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• A-body lower controll arm with sway bar tab dems.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 484
  • abody sway bar bracket.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 684
Those should be fine. The sway bar tab is not such a precision piece, but it needs to be located with weight on the tires to limit the stress on the link.

If I remember correctly, the b-body bracket is up side down compared to the a-body. It is also in the middle of the lower control arm.

The measurements I'm looking for will help me distinguish between the two.

Attachments

• late mopar lower control arm B-body.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 865
Earlier Bs had the tabs in the same place as A-bodies, but that really isn't the point. The point is that that tab can be welded on in the proper place for your sway bar (might have to bend the inside vertical to clear the strut rod, though).

My 65 coronet has the sway bar attached to the strut rods not the lower control arms.

The only one I could measure was on the car.. D = 3 in, B = 1 1/2. and I could only measure to centre of bolt = 1 /1/2 in..

Were I you fabbing it,, get a piece of 1 1/2 x 3 rect tube a little over 3 inch long,, cut it diagonally,, then massage each piece as nec...

hope it helps

You can simply use a piece of angle iron instead of buying expensive brackets. Like Jim said, it ain't real critical.

67 Bs had the tab in a similar location, as I recall. I think this was the case through 69.

My measurements off my 68 cuda (on the car see photo) are:

A: 1 5/8 in
B: 1 7/8 in
C: 5/8 in
D: 2 1/16 in

My 318 cuda has a tab on the passenger side, but not on drivers side. I assume it was one of the factory's "use what they had" scenarios for that particular day. It did not come with a factory sway bar, but I am looking to purchase a drivers lca with a tab or weld one on to mount a sway bar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 336
My measurements off my 68 cuda (on the car see photo) are:

A: 1 5/8 in
B: 1 7/8 in
C: 5/8 in
D: 2 1/16 in

My 318 cuda has a tab on the passenger side, but not on drivers side. I assume it was one of the factory's "use what they had" scenarios for that particular day. It did not come with a factory sway bar, but I am looking to purchase a drivers lca with a tab or weld one on to mount a sway bar.

I'll not highjack this thread with discussion about these sway bars.
I only suggest you do some research before buying anything.

I'll not highjack this thread with discussion about these sway bars.
I only suggest you do some research before buying anything.

Redfish, apparently the slight highjack ran off the OP because he has not returned! I will highjack just one more time: Thanks for the advice on swaybar research - I do have a new Hellwig 5906 sway bar that has been sitting in my closet for too many years. I think they will hook up to the factory mounts, thus why I am looking for a drivers side lca. Hopefully they are decent bars; a few searches seems to indicate so.

I was not scared off and don't mind when my threads are hijacked.
Put your thought where it is most useful.
I use the search function and some time find something I was not looking for.

I kinda get internet dementia. If I don't get a quick response ,i"ll check back in a while.

So all that I had was that picture taken off the web. I made several paper templates and tried them with the sway bar I have. Then I made these out of 10 gauge. The hardest part was the bending. I got it figured out, but didn't take any pictures of the process. My brackets aren't the same size, but I'll use them.

What do you think?

Attachments

• to be sorted 034 (Medium).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 279
Looks close to me. I don't think it is too critical but on my stock one the tab is slightly angled down and ends up being about 3/4 inch below the lca at its lowest point. Are you using an aftermarket sway bar?

I'm using a factory sway bar.

It dose look like the tab has a down ward bend to it.

I'll work on that.

Thanks for the input.

A few more pics for a perspective:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 289
-
Back