A body on a modern car ?

-
Uhhh......

View attachment 1716076042

Late model Challenger structures have been reskinned as 68-70 Chargers but ......

View attachment 1716076043

There were no performance V8 cars built in the last 40 years with a 108-111" wheelbase.

View attachment 1716076044

Maybe try less of this:

View attachment 1716076045

View attachment 1716076046

Shortening the wheelbase of a platform is quite viable.
I may have enuff yrs left to try it, after the Racecar, - 68 Dart, - 70 Chally, - 56 Metropolitan, ....lol
Cheers .

Worst case you can do something like this lmao.

288700770_5876768285699879_5487712864255769096_n.jpg

288671352_5876768322366542_7128891939748750524_n.jpg

I wouldn't be as concerned about the wheelbase, floor pans can be cut and shortened/lengthen
The width is where the work is, primarily in the dash/firewall area.

Aln

I have pics of me standing next to a '71 Dart sitting on a 4x4 GM chassis. It was street legal.

Probably shouldn't have been, but it was.

Put the a body on a tube chassis or leave it alone. A-body is a platform, put the body on something else then it is garbage, God doesn't like perversion

But if you're going to screw a duster up just buy a brand new Prius and be done

But if you're going to screw a duster up just buy a brand new Prius and be done

Sounds like the Duster is pretty far gone, so makes some sense. Don't know that I would try and use a FWD something, but to each their own.

Bucks up, I would buy a pro-touring chassis and figure out a way to support what was left of the Duster on it and then build floor/etc. to make it whole. Then run a modern driveline of some type (e.g. 5.7 with an 8HP70 or TR6060) and be happy with the drivability and decent mileage. Drive it everywhere and just enjoy it for what it was.

Sounds like the Duster is pretty far gone, so makes some sense. Don't know that I would try and use a FWD something, but to each their own.

Bucks up, I would buy a pro-touring chassis and figure out a way to support what was left of the Duster on it and then build floor/etc. to make it whole. Then run a modern driveline of some type (e.g. 5.7 with an 8HP70 or TR6060) and be happy with the drivability and decent mileage. Drive it everywhere and just enjoy it for what it was.
That sounds reasonable

Another option might be a Pentastar 3.6 and 8 speed in that pro-touring chassis. Good mileage and probably enough power to be a blast. I know my wife's 200S is the fastest car we currently own and the 3.6 swap has been done. Leave it stock and get 30+ mpg. Maybe a wrecked v6 Challenger and all the wiring along with the motor/trans? Only thing I can think of that might trip it up is the wheel speed sensors. Get over that hump and I bet that Duster would be a kick to drive and could be a daily without an issue.

Hmm...makes me kind of wonder if I should have tried to save the '67 Dart mordor my buddy just got rid of.

Is that real?!?? I assumed it was photoshopped until I saw the hood up. Now I'm not so sure.
Sadly, believe there is a couple other photos of it floating around too.

There’s a YouTube video of a guy putting an early dart on a bmw lower pan/chassis

The Duster is about 72" wide and the Challenger is about 76"

Alan

Right, but that's the bodywork. If you look at the "morphed" thread I linked to earlier, the major structural components aren't that far off. That member has the Duster body on a new Challenger floor. After what he already did, the only question is really what you'd have to do about the track width and getting the wheels inside the bodywork.

-
Back