A-Body Postive cables

-

wheelsport

Reaction score
I have a problem with an intermitant starter solinoid failure. I suspect the positive battery cable may be part of the problem. MY 104K mile '65 Barracuda positive battery cable has suffered much over the years. One look at it shows it isn't just any other cable and is quite different from other cables assembly's. Finding the truelly correct cable can make a huge difference. I Googled '65 Barracuda positive battery cable and came across a 2011 Early A-Body post on '65 A-body positive battery cables by pbiggs. He did some very extensive research to find just the correct cable for his '65 at M&H, who are suppliers for Year One. This shows that this is "THE FORUM" for knowledge on early A-bodies. pbiggs may not even be around, since today is Dec. 18 2022, 11 years after his original post. This thorough research will continue to help guys like me for many years. Thank you so much!! I just hope that M&H are still around. I'll find out tomorrow.

M&H are going strong. I believe they have more retailers selling their harnesses besides Year One.
Check Van's Auto.

I remember pbiggs, but have not seen him post in a long time. @pbiggs There, I tagged him so maybe he will respond. Are you wanting correct cables for a restoration or just to have "correct" cables? I ask because that's one area where it certainly doesn't hurt to go a little overkill.

Last edited:
I agree with both posters above, great guys. M&H is going strong and you can buy direct from them, the positive or negative cable. You can purchase cables from this company too.

I got to go with a rusty rat rod on purchasing the best cables not just factory correct. You don’t want to skimp on these. I believe somebody on this website is making them.

@crackedback maybe.

M&H has been struggling with labor shortages. It takes over a year to get harnesses in some cases. I hope they are getting things worked out.

I just received this messagde from pbiggs.

"Hi...yes I'm still around and thanks for the comments. Sharing information gives me joy.
Still have the 65 and now own a 66 Barracuda as well. Both FS 4 speed cars.
Good luck on your project."

For what it's worth, when I bought battery cables for my 67 I was looking for 'factory correct' but way too much $.

I bought something off summit, exactly the same as original, no complaints after many years, I do not recall the brand.

Recently, same scenario with my b-body, I bought AAW cables as I was using a complete AAW harness, but same outcome, way more reasonable $, great quality.

I make these cables....and I do not skimp on the good quality components to make them with....

386-38085....Positive Battery Cable - close reproduction to the originals, this cable has rounded head versus the original square head......$175.00

386-38085.jpg

This cable WILL outlast your car!!!!

I make these cables....and I do not skimp on the good quality components to make them with....

386-38085....Positive Battery Cable - close reproduction to the originals, this cable has rounded head versus the original square head......$175.00

View attachment 1716024023

This cable WILL outlast your car!!!!
Do you make the negative cable, to match?

Yes, I can make negative cables that match....they are an additional $40.00....same #2 cable in black, all copper ends, heavy 3M heat-activated adhesive shrink wrap....will last for YEARS and YEARS....

I can also make cables for other models/years as well....

Ya I used to, but not anymore. After the greedys in the gubmint decided to tax any money made over $600 per year on cash app, venmo, or paypal and other apps, I quit doing it. I'm not a small business, I work out of my garage. I did this to support the hobby and to buy parts I needed. Not to get political but THANKS JOE !!

This all being said, I have a few 25" long negative cables with the extra ground wire left if your interested. $25 plus shipping. Heres pic of a set I used to make. I dont have anymore positive cables. The negative in the pic is what I do have. Correct for 70-72 V8 A body, it will work fine on 67-69 V8 A body as well.

20200926_184819.jpg

Last edited:
Ya I used to, but not anymore. After the greedys in the gubmint decided to tax any money made over $600 per year on cash app, venmo, or paypal and other apps, I quit doing it. I'm not a small business, I work out of my garage. I did this to support the hobby and to buy parts I needed. Not to get political but THANKS JOE !!

This all being said, I have a few 25" long negative cables with the extra ground wire left if your interested. $25 plus shipping. Heres pic of a set I used to make. I dont have anymore positive cables. The negative in the pic is what I do have. Correct for 70-72 V8 A body, it will work fine on 67-69 V8 A body as well.

View attachment 1716024371
Any negative cables left for a 71 Demon?

Yes, I can make negative cables that match....they are an additional $40.00....same #2 cable in black, all copper ends, heavy 3M heat-activated adhesive shrink wrap....will last for YEARS and YEARS....

I can also make cables for other models/years as well....
Hi, Do you sell just the negative cable? I dont really need the positive cable right now. I cracked a terminal about a week ago.

-
Back