A BODY Trim Clips for Chrome Siding

-

jwicker

Reaction score
Hello - In case anyone else could possibly use it, I've designed and 3D printed my own trim clips for the "C" channel chrome trim that runs the length of the body. My old clips were dry, broken, and crappy.

These new ones are extremely sturdy (even reusable) and slide right into the rails with little to no fuss. I spent about 15 hours getting them perfect so I could reattach all my trim with security.

Files are found here if you're interested. Send me a message if you'd like me to print and mail you some clips. Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 1.42.40 PM.png

IMG20230818131819.jpg

IMG20230818131827.jpg

IMG20230818131907.jpg

IMG20230818131931.jpg

IMG20230810180318.jpg

For anyone looking for more details, there are 124 clips needed for the thin, waist high trim surrounding the car. As of yet I don't know how the little triangles on the send attach, but it may be similar. The trim pieces use clips as shown below. 8+9+14 * 4 = 124.

I ship 150 clips for a full set. The cost is 40 plus shipping.

I sell bags of 50 clips for 15 plus shipping.

Send me a message if you need them.

My cost is based on how much the filament costs and how long it takes to run my printer, as well as prep and cleaning.

Thanks everyone

View attachment 1716130033
I was afraid this would happen. If you are offering parts for sale, you need to start a sale thread in the proper Marketplace forum.

I was afraid this would happen. If you are offering parts for sale, you need to start a sale thread in the proper Marketplace forum.
No worries - I will do that. Should I remove the quoted post? Don't want to make waves

No worries - I will do that. Should I remove the quoted post? Don't want to make waves
I would. Keep this thread informational and you can start a sale thread as needed. It's great you are printing these. I tried to get my youngest interested in printing up some but she's not interested. It's a great niche part the industry doesn't fill. Thanks for asking about how to do it right.

I would. Keep this thread informational and you can start a sale thread as needed. It's great you are printing these. I tried to get my youngest interested in printing up some but she's not interested. It's a great niche part the industry doesn't fill. Thanks for asking about how to do it right.
I've always enjoyed modeling and 3D printing my own things. I credit my engineering class in high school highly.

Am I allowed to place a link here to my marketplace post?

-
Back