A Cam Grinder

-
What did you have yours reground to?
Mine is 214/244 and about .512 lift on a 110

I'm looking at the cam spec page he gave me and I cant seem to sort out the duration from it. But the lift is 492 intake 501 exhaust with a 1.5 rocker on a 110 lobe. When I was working out with him what grind I wanted this cam was pretty close to comp xe268 specs. Can't remember his name but he's a nice guy, would def buy from again.

redline racing cams 408-313-0145. he speeks mopar . spiro jannings or www.redlineracingcams.com . he has built me cams with no issues . he has designed , supplied and ground cams for some of the best engine builders in the usa . modern and vintage . even aircraft engines .

I'm looking at the cam spec page he gave me and I cant seem to sort out the duration from it. But the lift is 492 intake 501 exhaust with a 1.5 rocker on a 110 lobe. When I was working out with him what grind I wanted this cam was pretty close to comp xe268 specs. Can't remember his name but he's a nice guy, would def buy from again.

His name is Ken.
His spec sheets have a ton of info on them. You can geek out pretty hard looking at it.

I talked to Ken at Oregon cams. He gave me a couple suggested cam profiles but he also assigned item numbers to them and he told me they grind each one to order. Does that mean these are the standard profiles or custom he wasn't clear? Either way he said he had a long snout factory roller cam that he could regrind for about a hundred eighty bucks. That's a much cheaper option what I've found so far.

I talked to Ken at Oregon cams. He gave me a couple suggested cam profiles but he also assigned item numbers to them and he told me they grind each one to order. Does that mean these are the standard profiles or custom he wasn't clear? Either way he said he had a long snout factory roller cam that he could regrind for about a hundred eighty bucks. That's a much cheaper option what I've found so far.

Ken has about (and I'm guessing here because I'm sure I haven't seen them all) probably 500/600 lobe masters that he made. They are copies of lobes that have come through his shop. I know he has at least 6 lobes that I used copied, because it's cheaper to repair a roller lobe than get a new cam.

So he does grind them one at a time. He picks the lobes from his list of all the lobes he has.

I know, for a fact, he was running well into the 8's running flat tappets as late as 2005ish.

IIRC, he is running a roller now and I don't know what his car runs flat out today.

I bought a regrind from Ken, $185 with no core, not a bad price considering I won’t have to buy a drive gear! He did tell to take it easy on the spring pressures because of the cast core. That's ok I won't need to rev to get what I want in my build.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I have used Jones for an endurance 511 low deck, Oregon Cam Grinders for a LS firing order nitrous cam for a 511" low deck and most recently PRH for a 451 with nitrous and exhaust manifolds. It really pays off in hp/tq to work with a cam grinder that has experience doing what you want to do with respect to intended use.

Good choice going with Oregon Cam Grinders.

-
Back