A chick....

-
I don't give out ANYTHING to someone begging. I work in the mental health field and I know all too well how many programs and how much free **** available to people who are really in need.

I lived above a liquor store in Oakland for a couple years and dealt with drunks, junkies, and dealers on a daily basis. They are people who can't think beyond their next score and could care less if you believe their story or not. A lot of people with no urban experience perceive them as just lazy but the actuality is that they are just broken people.

Broken/lazy gets the same result. Not being a D, just pointing it out

A couple of months ago, I came out of the convienience store, and a guy walks up to me and asks me for gas money to get home. Now mind you, I'm 6 ft over 200 lbs. and have my 130 lb chow mix dog in the back seat. I told him I didn't have any cash. He walks away. While I'm backing up, I see him push an old lady down and run off with her purse! A couple of young guys gave chase, but were unable to catch up with the dirtbag. I can assure you, even with my dog in the truck and a handgun in the console, that guy would have tried to jack me if I had pulled out my wallet. Good thing for him I didn't.

I'm a sucker for helping the homeless, food, booze, whatever but only for a few dollars, if that. Most times just whatever loose change I have in my pocket. Since the great depression II i have learned to say no, lo
The ones who seem mentally challenge always get something. Our government really does not do enough for them, IMO

But your right, a few its like you wanna take what you gave back if they ***** about it. That is called aggressive panhandling

I be careful in some places, they might say you sold from them if you take what you gave back promising to give them more, lol Some of those guys are real characters

A couple of months ago, I came out of the convienience store, and a guy walks up to me and asks me for gas money to get home. Now mind you, I'm 6 ft over 200 lbs. and have my 130 lb chow mix dog in the back seat. I told him I didn't have any cash. He walks away. While I'm backing up, I see him push an old lady down and run off with her purse! A couple of young guys gave chase, but were unable to catch up with the dirtbag. I can assure you, even with my dog in the truck and a handgun in the console, that guy would have tried to jack me if I had pulled out my wallet. Good thing for him I didn't.

I'm with you never pull your wallet out in front of a homeless guy!

Way too many scumbags! If you offer to buy what they need the money for and they don't except then it's a scam. I never give money. Pros in N.Y. can make $50K a year hitting people up. One weekend I saw the same lady on a corner asking for hand outs. She had on nice clothes everyday and smoked up a storm. She wanted money for food. If she quit the $8.00 a pack cigs. she could eat. I feel bad for REAL needy but not losers!

Victoria is the capitol of Canada for this , mild winters make us the destination of choice for the hopeless and I've seen more signs like Wyldes than you can shake a stick at , if they got a good one and I laugh I toss em a loonie for the entertainment value but the sob stories get nothing , heck they come right up on your porch in the middle of the night looking for emptys , well not mine anymore lol but most of the other neighbours who haven't given one a swift boot in the backside literally , word gets around with them folks they don't come on my porch anymore.

I walked by a car that I had seen around town and this big ol pastey white woman gets out and asks for money to get back to thier home town with thier kid.
Seen em before around at the local stores for weeks.
They had a little girl about ten in the back seat with the window down and I asked her if she was in school and she answered that she was.
I told her to stay in school and make something of her life so she didn't have to sit in parking lots lying to people for money when she grew up.
Felt a little bad about it, but dammit!

She said "ok"
hmm

I worked for my family in a large grocery store back in the day. Headed home one day, feeling good about my place in life. Sitting at a red light, I tell this beggar to come down to the store at 4 AM and I would put him to work stocking shelves. Dude sneered at me and said "I don't need a f*ing job, I make more money than YOU" That is something I still laugh about - but will never forget. It was probably true.

I really 'try' not to judge, because for all I know the person is gripped by an addiction...but when they scorn me for giving them too little, it's all over...

One time I was in a McDonalds at breakfast time and a soft-spoken older man politely asked for 'anything at all' to eat. I asked him to tell me what he would like, and I ordered it for him, and thanked me and sat down and ate it alone. He seemed so dejected...I took my food to go but wished I had stayed with him...probably he just wanted someone to talk to.

Yep...gave a guy some money that was begging on a street corner in Dallas once only to see him coming out of a liquor store later. Having said that not to long ago I pulled in to fill up and a beater truck with two tired broken down looking guys asked for gas money. I told them I would give them some gas and pumped in $5 worth from my hose, they thanked me, cranked up the beater and drove off.....I figured maybe at least I would get them out of my hood.....

I think what you guys need to understand is this is their job and it pays well in some cases very well 13 to 17hr considering, I've read the local estimates. They work for no one, claim no taxes, and pick their hours to work or not work. Start watching them on the corners they have smokes generally are clean (raggy clothes aside) dogs with them look well feed. I know of one around here has a 7 series BMW parked around the corner.

I get hit up every F'n day 3 or more times. I just shake my head, but if they are really laying it on thick, I ask, "Sure, What kinda car is it? Where is it, show me the keys.." by that time they are already walking away. Just today, I had a fat guy ask me for a dollar for "a taco" in Jack in the Box. I looked at the dude and said loudly, "Bro, your fatter than me, you must be eating better too!" I got a few chuckles but checked my six on the way out...
The guy that's there every day in the parking lot who takes the "trash" to the dumpster for the employee (and is not seen for 20 minutes) doesnt even ask me anymore. He says "Hey phone man!" to me now that I threw him a old rainsuit I had on a stormy day, felt pretty good doing that for him.

Women asking for handouts with their kid in tow tick me off. What is the kid learning, how to become a professional beggar ?

Dam right some don't need it. In Toronto they zeroed in on this one gal who always begs everyday 9 to 5 and travels back HOME to her decent house 30 mins away. Was like a job her asking for money everyday.

You know how much taxes they pay :angry5:

And then you got people like this !!!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lottery-winner-STILL-collecting-welfare.html

Woman, 24, who just won $1MILLION lottery and bought a new home all cash is STILL collecting welfare

A young woman who won $1m on a state lottery has sparked outrage after she admitted to still claiming benefits.

Amanda Clayton of Lincoln Park, Michigan still claims $200 a month in food stamps and despite paying cash for a new home and car said, 'I'm still struggling.'

The 24-year-old added that she is entitled to the welfare handout as she has two homes to run.

One Saturday, my boss was carrying some trash out to a dumpster in the alley behind our office. Two guys approached him and asked for some money. When he told them he didn't have any one said, "Let's see your wallet, show us you don't have any money." He calmly bent down and pulled his .40 cal from its ankle holster and said, "I won't show you my wallet, but I'll show you this." One guy ran and the other nearly passed out.

You never know...

My buddy and I just finished eating at Taco Time and a decent looking chicka came up begging for gas money, she said she would do anything; I told her to take care of my buddy and we would buy her some gas. The look on her face was priceless as she turned and left quickly.

I won't give anything to beggars, except maybe some left over food if I am going to throw it away anyway.

I think from now on, only crazy looking, acting people panhandling are getting anything from me.

Welfare used to be something you were ashamed to accept, not anymore it seems like

Here in SoCal crazies, panhandlers, and addicts are so rampant it's just part of the landscape. We have droves of them in our neighborhood every trash day raiding the recycle bins leaving trash everywhere. Technically it is illegal but the police could care less and will not respond to it. I used to try and chase them off but it was a losing battle. I even caught one in my back yard digging through my bin. But, if you were to get into an altercation with them your *** would be in jail in a blink. In Seattle I got into a fight in my place of work with a homeless psychopath after asking him to leave. Not only did I have to go to court and get treated like a criminal by the city social services, the asshole was back in front of the store not 2 weeks later threatening more customers.

A few things that will always attract and support those types are 1. Liquor Stores 2. Recycle Centers 3. Sympathetic People.

But your right, a few its like you wanna take what you gave back if they ***** about it. That is called aggressive panhandling

I be careful in some places, they might say you sold from them if you take what you gave back promising to give them more, lol Some of those guys are real characters

It depends on if "Indian Giving" is legal.

Do you know what I hate the most???

Indian givers... No, I take that back... LOL!

Around here, it's the local Indigenous population that ask for money....but more than that, they ask for smokes....alot.........I give them nothing.......they already get free medical ( I don't ), free housing ( I don't ), free legal ( I don't ), certain transport is free ( I don't ), and if they make 2 payments on a car purchase loan, and pay no more, it takes 2 years for the loan company to get the car back.....and by then, it's worth near nothing as they destroy everthing they get....cars, houses, etc.

Pretty sick out there.
When I was working out of San Francisco a dozen years ago I remember two street corner panhandlers being shot and killed by others wanting "their" corner. Seems there was an unofficial union of sorts that "gave out" specific corners and shifts according to how lucrative a particular corner was at any given time of day and you went against the pecking order at your peril.
One day I struck up a conversation with one in the Mission. He lived outside the city and commuted by car in to his "job". He said he only had to "work" four days a week and took the same days off every week. Just before he quit and started walking to his nearly new Cadillac a couple of blocks away he revealed that he made about 1400 dollars in a 12 hour "shift". This works out to over 72,000.00 a year TAX FREE! Remember, this was twelve years ago!
Last week I was standing at a "light rail" stop in front of the local Greyhound station. A pair of young punks walked up to me and one wanted a cigarette. Being a nonsmoker, I asked if I looked like I had any cigarettes. He launched into a string of expletives and I looked away, thinking when I disengaged they would move on. BIG MISTAKE! He hit me in the temple so hard it knocked me down and sent my glasses flying about 20-25 feet. I stood up to give him my full attention and found he and his buddy suddenly putting distance between us. With me three times their age and horribly out of shape, they easily ran to the nearest corner and disappeared.
I have to deal with punks like this almost every day in my job so it's time to get my *** back to the gym because this isn't going to go down the same way next time.

-
Back