A couple of my outboards may be in deep sh....................water

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
My neighbor today............

Handed me a little nitrous kit he's never used for a 2 stroke snowmobile..........

Looks like this except with bottle bracket and aluminum cylinder.

Carbon_Fiber_2.9_Nitrous_Kit_1800x1800.jpg

jet it fat or you gonna be rowing!

all kidding aside, definitely check your critical tolerances before getting silly with it. obviously ring gap, but piston to wall clearance and squish.

oh and timing. don't forget timing.
M6nGZNUl.jpg

Outboards are set up pretty loose to start with. I've built quite a few of those, and was always impressed with how sloppy loose they were, on the bench, yet how quiet they ran.
I have no idea how yur gonna successfully run that snot in a piston-port design.
Best of luck to ya.

I take plenty of backup, and usually not all that far out. Small "trolling" motor that isn't for trolling, usually the electric one, and if all else fails, an actual oar

I may never try try this. A properly tuned and propped outboard in good shape will rev to rated redline, so I'm thinkin one problem is to over prop it "a lot." Just getting props for these old girls is a chore. Most of the older outboards simply had no prop markings, so you don't know what you have. The diameter is restrictive as well, AKA you are not gonna get a 50hp prop on a 40, generally speaking

-
Back