A/F/R gauge for tuning

-
Didn't read the whole thing but more than I needed to. I will just say that I installed a O2 wideband logger with a vacuum gauge in my 67 notch in a custom gauge cluster above the console. I was an early adopter of the AVS2 and having the wideband allowed me to tune my engine to the car. I wont build another car without a wideband logger.

I'm with you. I can't stand digital gauges either. When I looked into the analog versions, everything I had read was that they aren't as resposive as digital, so they may not be as useful. I guess there's a reason that the majority of AFR gauges are digital.
But is it useful or not?
Ever try to read the voltage on the output side of the instrument voltage regulator?
Would a digital gage be useful?
Would a 0-100 V scale on an analog meter be useful?
How 'bout a 0 to 8 Volt scale?

Again it comes down to what a person is going to use it for. Then sampling rate, readablity, ability to add on to it, will quickly narrow down the hardware which will fit your goals.

But is it useful or not?
Ever try to read the voltage on the output side of the instrument voltage regulator?
Would a digital gage be useful?
Would a 0-100 V scale on an analog meter be useful?
How 'bout a 0 to 8 Volt scale?

Again it comes down to what a person is going to use it for. Then sampling rate, readablity, ability to add on to it, will quickly narrow down the hardware which will fit your goals.
Readability is a biggie for me. I can imagine what a pain it'd be trying to read a small analog wideband gauge while driving. I've used Innovate and AEM units and have been happy with both.

I've run an AEM-0300 on my 1972 Scamp, with a LA360, for years now. I have found it invaluable. My Scamp runs about as close to feeling like it has fuel injection as a carb can run. And my WOT is tuned perfect.

I have all the dragstrip data from the previous owner. Between his best run, and my best run, through the use of the O2 sensor, I have increased the WOT power by 65 hp. Well, that and a whole new exhaust (the exhaust on the car when I got it, was rotted out).

An Amish wagon was going down the road by our place, and the horse was "exhausting", a young feller jumped out with a bucket and shovel. He began scooping up the exhaust,and putting itin the bucket. I walked to the road and said "Thanks, but, you don't have to do that.

He said " I'm not doing it for you, I'm data logging..."

After sniffing the bucket, he said " I think she's a little rich. "

-
Back